Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ekavana186 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 57289  
Subject: Twelve Years... Date: 1/1/2013 6:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
and still haven't made a dent in Phillip Morris (Altria) stock.

Come and join me for a celebration in Lexington, KY, have a traditional Kentucky Hot Brown for lunch, and tour the Kentucky Horse Farm. Those of you who still do, can start their tour of the Kentucky Burbon Distilleries (take a designated driver, please).

Thank you everyone for your support over the years, this group keeps me honest.

Be well in the new year,

Ed
Print the post Back To Top
Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56697 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/1/2013 8:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
ED, can I have a bourbon with my Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich? Yes, I still partake of the bourbon, and am looking forward to touring the distilleries. Oh yes!!!

Can you pick a spot for your award ceremony? We will all congregate there.

I like your choice of place to celebrate!

Hugs.

Verna

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56698 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/1/2013 9:22 PM
Congrats on 12 years of not making dents in the PM(A) stock!

There are so many hose farms to tour!

http://www.visitlex.com/idea/horse-farms.php

I would like some Bourbon to sweeten my coffee please, just a tad...

Author: shelley511 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56699 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/1/2013 9:45 PM
Recommendations: 2
Ed.

Congratulations on your wonderful accomplishment. Philip MOrris does just fine without any of our help.

Shelley

Author: Blackduff Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56701 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/1/2013 11:12 PM
Congrats Ed for your twelve years of killing the profits from PM. We cannot really bother the big companies but if we can easily give them understand they should stop trying making tobacco, we will have made a bit of improvement in the world.

Although I don't drink whisky, Kentucky offers many other things I can see.

It's a great way to start this new year.

Blackduff

Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56702 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/1/2013 11:15 PM
Ed, before the night ends (and before I get tipsy from all this bourbon), I think we should have the award ceremony. Allow me to present you with this gold loving cup, with the number twelve spelled out in rubies and diamonds. Twelve years is quite a long time to be smoke-free. C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S

I had the pleasure of meeting you at the first QS Reunion. We had such a good time then. Hopefully, we can do it again someday.

Ok, let's go visit some more distilleries. The horse-lovers are welcome to go to the track. I'm going bourbon slurping.

Hugs.

Verna

Author: jackjg1947 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56705 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/2/2013 11:40 AM
WAY TO GO, ED ! ! !

Sorry I missed this yesterday. I certainly wouldn't ignore the accomplishments of our distinguished Quit Smoking researcher, Dr. Ed.
You've been a great support.

I still tell of the time you drove an hour from home on a Saturday morning so you could buy me breakfast. Hope you have a great new year.

Jack G

Author: crocket838 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56706 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/2/2013 6:59 PM
Has it really been 12 years?!? Wow! Are you in Lexington? We need to get down there to tour the distilleries. Not in dry county,are they?

Crocket

Author: CoffeeladyinFL Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56707 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/2/2013 8:09 PM
Congrats Ed.....on twelve years.

Linda

Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56708 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/2/2013 11:40 PM
Yes Crocket, it has been 12 years (maybe 11) since you and Ed started your quit at the same time and became quitting buddies, cheering each other along.

Now that you made it here to Kentucky, let me present you with your gold loving cup, with the number twelve (or 11) spelled out in rubies and diamonds. That's quite a long time to be smoke-free. C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S

Now you can join me in touring the distilleries. I've already visited a few and will probably be sloshed before the night is over.

Verna

Author: Blackduff Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56709 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/3/2013 5:19 AM
Congrats Crocket for twelve years of no-smoking.

Has anyone compared the years one smoked. This would be a "Special" day when you have been not smoking more than you have been smoking. I'll have to far into the hundreds of years, since I smoked for quite some time.

But if anybody will roll over to be a "Non-Smoker" for more years than you have been a "Smoker", we should create a special party. Maybe rent a big hall where we can invite other potential quitters.

Anyway, have a good tasting of the Bourbons down in Kentucky.

Blackduff

Author: ekavana186 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56710 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/3/2013 8:55 AM
Verna,

You are so right. It was 1/1/2002 not 1/1/2001. I was so giddy from the event I lost count (that's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Thank you everyone for your comments.

I am not living in Lexington KY, but my grandson lives in Georgetown KY so I spend a fair amount of time there. I can get you to high class cuisine at Chuckie Cheese or any of the fast food restaurants with happy meals.

I appreciate you all and am glad to connect with you.

Ed

Author: ekavana186 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56711 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/3/2013 9:01 AM
Recommendations: 3
Jack

Now I'm going to have to feed everyone breakfast. I always remember having breakfast before you spun off in the CyberYugo to Richmond International Raceway for your first NASCAR outing. It was too bad that the CyberYugo was too loud for the actual race and you were relegated to just watching the other cars.

Keep up your good work and DON'T SMOKE EVEN WHEN YOUR ASS FALLS OFF.

Ed

Author: CoffeeladyinFL Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56712 of 57289
Subject: Re: Twelve Years... Date: 1/4/2013 7:49 PM
Recommendations: 4
Crocket...Congrats to you!!!
Linda

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement