UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tadi Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308368  
Subject: Re: Pay Your Bills and Do it on Time!!!! Date: 11/17/1999 2:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
TwinFather,
I have been there myself and I certainly do not want to kick anyone while they're down because it is a particularly frustrating time in anybody's life. I agree that is the last thing you need when you are already feeling stupid, depressed and downright miserable about your financial situation. At the same time, I don't think its appropriate for anyone to expect to get out of the situation with no sacrifices and without paying the consequences to their credit report.

It's my understanding that this board is here to support the person who is willing to do what it takes and wants honest advice about how to make it work or what they will face if they do not take corrective action. Also it is a place for them to vent their frustration and know others have been in their shoes. I stayed here after my first "lurk" because I felt these people knew where I had been and where I want to go, and might be able to provide some support and suggestions along the way. I don't think this board is a good place to get advice about how to run up debt then get off scotch free so it can be run right back up again. That isn't reality and the best place for that kind of advice is probably a bankruptcy lawyer's office.

I can only speak for myself because I dont know these other posters in real life, but I fully support the person who comes here in financial trouble, regardless of the reason, and who wants real help in reducing expenses, setting a budget, recognizing needs versus wants, dealing with specific credit problems and addressing their debt. I think that is the spirit of the board and most of the posts here.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement