UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740366  
Subject: Twinkies aren't dead yet. Date: 11/19/2012 4:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 10
>> Hostess Brands Inc. and its second largest union will go into mediation to try and resolve their differences, meaning the company won't go out of business just yet. The news came Monday after Hostess moved to liquidate and sell off its assets in bankruptcy court citing a crippling strike last week.
The judge noted that the bakery union went on strike after rejecting the company's latest contract offer, even though it never filed an objection to it.

"Many people, myself included, have serious questions as to the logic behind this strike," said Judge Robert Drain, <<
http://www.wtop.com/628/3125884/Judge-orders-Hostess-to-medi...

What a jokester the judge is - talking about unions and logic in the same sentence.

arrete
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656018 of 740366
Subject: Re: Twinkies aren't dead yet. Date: 11/19/2012 5:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The preservatives must have saved them..

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656019 of 740366
Subject: Re: Twinkies aren't dead yet. Date: 11/19/2012 5:27 PM
What a jokester the judge is - talking about unions and logic in the same sentence.

arrete

Oh boy. The speculators that went out and bought up cart loads of Twinkies have to be POed. <g>

Mike

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656022 of 740366
Subject: Re: Twinkies aren't dead yet. Date: 11/19/2012 5:38 PM
Oh boy. The speculators that went out and bought up cart loads of Twinkies have to be POed. <g>
-----------------

DH tried to get some today at the grocery store. I told him there wouldn't be any, and there weren't. The man hasn't eaten a Twinkie in 40 years.

arrete - I never liked Twinkes. Ho-hoes are different matter.

Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656025 of 740366
Subject: Re: Twinkies aren't dead yet. Date: 11/19/2012 6:34 PM
I think the judge is just trying to give the union a face-saving way to go accept the prior offer from the company. We shall see, though. It reminds me of Eastern Airlines.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656039 of 740366
Subject: Re: Twinkies aren't dead yet. Date: 11/19/2012 8:39 PM
I think the judge is just trying to give the union a face-saving way to go accept the prior offer from the company.
-----------------

I must say, a union that "facilitates" the losing of 18,000 members definitely has problems, and probably isn't going to do well going "forward".

arrete

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement