UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734986  
Subject: Twitter from beyond the grave Date: 2/20/2013 4:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
A new application will soon allow users to keep posting Twitter updates from beyond the grave, independently using intricate knowledge of your online character to create a virtual continuation of your personality after you die.

­“When your heart stops beating, you'll keep tweeting,” says the new application’s tagline.

‘LivesOn’ will let users pursue ‘life after death’ on their social media profiles, letting the deceased communicate with loved ones. LivesOn will keep posting after you kick the bucket, following the example of the DeadSocial platform.

Due to be launched in March, the LivesOn application will keep tweeting after you pass on. The service will utilize advanced analysis of your main Twitter feed, to carefully select appropriate subjects, likes, or articles that would have been likely to interest you, posting them on your behalf for your friends to read.

http://rt.com/news/twitter-dead-network-liveson-559/

- -

When this generation dies, they can tweet back on what's on the other side.

Art will have lots to read...

t.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 672431 of 734986
Subject: Re: Twitter from beyond the grave Date: 2/20/2013 8:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
yeah but how would that work if the dearly departed has been cremated? no room for a tweeter in the urn or wherever the ashes are spread..

LD :)

Author: Wradical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 672501 of 734986
Subject: Re: Twitter from beyond the grave Date: 2/21/2013 11:22 AM
Recommendations: 0
Actually, two of my "followers" on Twitter are deceased.

NO, REALLY, I'M NOT PARANOID OR HALLUCINATING! DEAD PEOPLE FOLLOW ME AROUND!

(I daresay it's just that their families haven't closed their accounts.)

So, maybe I'll hear from them again soon. That would be nice.

Bill

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement