UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: kekokko Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: Two small happy dances and an e-fund! Date: 6/23/2002 9:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 13
This month, I paid off Ann Taylor ($130) and Petite Sophisticate ($157 - and they closed the card on me before I could do it!)!!!!! YEAH!

That makes my debt a little less frantic because now I have TWO cards to focus on instead of the 5 that I started with!

MBNA $1801 @ 23% (UGH!)
Citibank $1740 @ 19.74%

Compare that to where I was in December:

Providian $474.00(24%)
Ann Taylor $260.00(21.5%)
Citibank - $2704.08(21%)
Casual Corner $230.00(18%)
MBNA - $1958.48(16.5%)
Verizon ~$500

and I feel pretty stinking good!!!!

I don't qualify for a loan or my CU Visa, so I will have to wait another 6 months before reattempting to get lower rates. I'm going to knock off the MBNA @ $100+interest every month ($100 is such a nice round number) and pay $50/month on the Citibank (min is $36 for now).

I am starting a real, honest to goodness E-Fund too (Not the $5 per paycheck drip that I had started earlier)!!!! I currently have $87 in the savings account. The goal is to have $500 in there by the end of the summer!!! :) Then, when the dog needs to go to the vet, I won't end up having to use the card and bumping up the interest rate from 14% to 23% like I did with MBNA. (Learned my lesson there!)

BTW for those that were part of my "pots and pans" discussion - I ended up with the stainless Simply Calphalon set and I love it!!!! The Tri-ply set, while supposedly higher end, turned funny colors after first use so I brought it back. I'm getting silverware this week and my kitchen will have almost all the essentials (Except baking stuff, but I don't bake much so that can wait). And, lately I have found that I am now able to go shopping and not make impulse buys! Thank you all for helping me with that by reinforcing the "don't spend $$ when you're in debt" mantra!!!

-k
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement