UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: namkato Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736573  
Subject: U of CO model shows big Romney win Date: 9/24/2012 2:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
please let it be true - -

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/23/university-of-colorado-pre...

A presidential election prediction model developed by two University of Colorado professors points to a big win for GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney in November.

The model, the only of its kind to use more than one state-level economic indicator, has correctly predicted the winner of every presidential election since 1980.

It predicts Romney winning the electoral college by a 320-218 margin and winning 52.9 percent of the popular vote when only the two major parties’ candidates are considered, the Associated Press reported Thursday.

Romney, it concluded, will win every state currently considered by pollsters to be a swing state, including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, Virginia, Colorado, New Hampshire and North Carolina.

The model even predicts Romney will win Minnesota and Maine’s Second Congressional District, the electoral votes of which most pollsters consider to be “safe” for President Obama. Nevada and Iowa are the only swing states it assigns to Obama.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/23/university-of-colorado-pre...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645122 of 736573
Subject: Re: U of CO model shows big Romney win Date: 9/24/2012 6:55 AM
Recommendations: 0
"Two percentage points separate President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney in a state poll conducted for the Tribune-Review, even though the campaigns largely are ignoring Pennsylvania and concentrating on other battlegrounds.

Obama polled 47 percent to Romney's 45 percent among likely Pennsylvania voters, with 6 percent of voters undecided and 44 days until Election Day, according to the survey by Susquehanna Polling & Research. The survey of 800 voters, conducted Sept. 18-20, has a margin of error of 3.46 percentage points.

The poll showed most voters are disappointed with the country’s direction, evenly split on whether Obama deserves another term and hesitant to back Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts. Fifty-one percent of the state’s voters approve of Obama’s job performance.

Other recent polls showed a larger margin for Obama, leading some to speculate that Pennsylvania — which hasn’t voted for a GOP presidential candidate since 1988 —"

Read more: http://triblive.com/home/2641005-74/obama-percent-romney-pol...
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

There's hope for a change!.....Go Romney!

t.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645129 of 736573
Subject: Re: U of CO model shows big Romney win Date: 9/24/2012 8:34 AM
We talked about this several weeks ago. The event we have been waiting for was for this model to be updated with Sept economic numbers. Then we'd have more recent data for the model to chew on. So far, I have yet to see the revised version. May have to wait until early Oct for the Sept data.

Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645139 of 736573
Subject: Re: U of CO model shows big Romney win Date: 9/24/2012 9:26 AM
Recommendations: 2
I sure hope this is true, although I'm not sure the RINOs in the Senate will permit any type of meaningful reform of the tax code or government spending. Anything is better than 4 more years of Obama's totalitarian dictatorship.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645140 of 736573
Subject: Re: U of CO model shows big Romney win Date: 9/24/2012 9:29 AM
From their lips to God's ears

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645143 of 736573
Subject: Re: U of CO model shows big Romney win Date: 9/24/2012 9:47 AM
Romney, it concluded, will win every state currently considered by pollsters to be a swing state, including Ohio, Pennsylvania,

That would be amazing. Romney would have to overcome the Dem bastions of Pittsburgh-Allegheny County (My 'hood) and Philadelphia (the home of voter fraud).

Actually saw my first Romney-Ryan yard sign while on my Sunday run.

Mike

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645152 of 736573
Subject: Re: U of CO model shows big Romney win Date: 9/24/2012 10:48 AM
Mike, Obummer doesn't have PA locked up as tight as you think. He better kick major ass in Philly and the 'burgh or he's dead meat here. In case you haven't noticed, Democratic national and statewide candidates are no longer dominant in areas of western PA that were once reliable Democratic bastions. Obummer himself lost my county (Westmoreland) by a large margin even though the Democrats have a huge registration advantage here, and he lost other western PA counties by large margins as well, and the same thing has happened in other statewide and countywide races as well. If Obummer wants to carry Pennsylvania this time he's gonna need to kiss his base's ass long and hard in Philly and the 'burgh, otherwise Romney might hand him his head on a platter.

Author: TerryMcK Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645235 of 736573
Subject: Re: U of CO model shows big Romney win Date: 9/24/2012 9:18 PM
Recommendations: 2
It predicts Romney winning the electoral college by a 320-218 margin and winning 52.9 percent of the popular vote

Amazing, that leaves 47.1% who won't vote for Mitt.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645236 of 736573
Subject: Re: U of CO model shows big Romney win Date: 9/24/2012 9:30 PM
Amazing, that leaves 47.1% who won't vote for Mitt.

LOL...nice catch.

Author: katinga Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645243 of 736573
Subject: Re: U of CO model shows big Romney win Date: 9/24/2012 9:46 PM
This in a forest of blue up arrows in RCP today. There's no way it would be this close in PA, yet with 0 having so big a lead in OH. There's even one with 0 having a big lead in NC!

I think that polls have mostly gone the way of the press in general. A pack of lies designed to depress the vote.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement