UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Soltan Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74815  
Subject: UG-5 for SEP-IRA Date: 10/28/1999 11:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello,

Does anybody do this and/or is this something that makes sense?

I am setting up a SEP-IRA and I was planning on using the Unemotional Growth 5 stategy through Ameritrade. (I currently have a non-retirement account which includes the foolish four stategy so that is why I am using the UG-5)

Thanks!!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GrayWulff Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14894 of 74815
Subject: Re: UG-5 for SEP-IRA Date: 10/28/1999 2:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Soltan,

Yes, I've tried Robert Sheard's UG5 approach. It might work, but it has two big strikes against it. First, it requires monthly reballancing. That eats up a lot of dollars in commissions. Second, it is a highly volitile strategy. You need ice water in your veins to stick with it. I tried twice and couldn't do it.

There are several good alternatives to the UG5 approach. I like the PEG models. They work well with either 6mo or 12mo reballancing. They start with Value Line 1 & 2 Timeliness ranked stocks, and they have a value component.

The VL Timeliness ranking is a time-tested method of picking superior performers. Models that start with have a great chance of succeeding. Adding the PEG ratio gives a value component to the selection process and tends to reduce volitility.

Drop by the FOOLISH WORKSHOP board for lots more information on these types of investment strategies.

Cheers,
GW

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement