No. of Recommendations: 0
Ugh...I can't believe I forgot to add to my list:
-Start a 529 for college expenses. In my state, if the 529 is the state-sponsored one, you get a 20% *credit* on state income tax, up to $5000 in contributions. So, you can let the state give you $1000 a year for saving for college (plus other school payments under the new tax law). The growth is also tax-free if used for the correct kinds of school expenses.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.