Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rkseiple Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121219  
Subject: UGMAs and Roth IRAs Date: 3/17/2000 9:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am considering investing in a mutual fund as a UGMA for my infant child. Once he starts earning income, probably at about age 15, will i be able to convert the UGMA into a Roth IRA?

Thank you
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32004 of 121219
Subject: Re: UGMAs and Roth IRAs Date: 3/18/2000 2:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<< I am considering investing in a mutual fund as a UGMA for my infant child. Once he starts earning income, probably at about age 15, will i be able to convert the UGMA into a Roth IRA? >>

No. IRA contributions require earned income, and are limited to $2,000 per year or the amount of earned income, whichever is less.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement