UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (34) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757585  
Subject: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 8:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Asthma patients in England and Wales are to be denied a life-changing drug that is available on the health service in Scotland.

Doctors and charities are dismayed at the decision to withdraw the drug, Xolair, which can halve the risk of an asthma attack.

It has ‘dramatically improved’ patients’ quality of life and has also halved the numbers taken to hospital because of asthma attacks, they say.

They warn that the decision by drug rationing body Nice would create a ‘health apartheid’ between Scotland and England and Wales.

‘This drug is very effective for patients with severe allergic asthma and dramatically improves their quality of life,’ said Dr Andrew Menzies-Gow, a consultant in respiratory medicine at the Royal Brompton Hospital, London.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2230252/Now-Englis...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

---

Rationing...the 'cure' for a bankrupt National Health System. They can't 'afford it'. You lose. You suffer. Just 'too bad'.

Coming your way via ObamaKare.

t.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654076 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 9:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
This is why "sanctity of life" as part of our cultural dialogue isn't exclusively about abortion of babies.

It's about the paganist views of Leftists who wish to sacrifice human life to Nature's God (seriously).

Once it's okay to kill one form of human being, it becomes okay to do so to human beings at other stages of their lives.

IN Leftist countries, I think the only hope to get treated humanely is to become a terrorist and get captured. At least then you'll have Amnesty International and the PA Left getting you free health care and 3 culturally acceptable meals per day. (I'd opt for the steak)

JediG

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654113 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 12:12 PM
Recommendations: 0
It has ‘dramatically improved’ patients’ quality of life and has also halved the numbers taken to hospital because of asthma attacks, they say.

That alone should be enough to offset the cost of a more expensive drug.

JLC

Author: bighairymike Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654118 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 12:33 PM
At least then you'll have Amnesty International and the PA Left getting you free health care and 3 culturally acceptable meals per day. (I'd opt for the steak)

JediG

-----------------

Steak! Don't you know that cattle are responsible for global warming. Please opt for the chicken. Apparently chickens don't crap according to CM001.

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654119 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 12:34 PM
This is why "sanctity of life" as part of our cultural dialogue isn't exclusively about abortion of babies.

Unfortunately, it is often about interfering with adults making their own medical decisions. Forcing adults to receive medical care pasted the point they don't want it is about controlling others and not the sanctity of life.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654132 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 1:23 PM
Rationing...the 'cure' for a bankrupt National Health System. They can't 'afford it'. You lose. You suffer. Just 'too bad'.

Coming your way via ObamaKare.

Interestingly I expect things to get much better

I fully expect the cost of medicine to decline rapidly in the next few years as Obamacare is implemented, this lowering of cost for consumers will be played as a sign of success

As innovation comes crashing down, the costs will be lower as manufacturing becomes the issue not development. All sorts of folks will find drugs they could not afford at one time will become affordable

Innovation will not die immediately.

It will be funded by the Federal government in large part at first. Then the budget cuts will begin along with the centralized planning ensuring money is not wasted on ideas not likely to come to fruition as keepers of the public purse that is only reasonable

as innovative success becomes less frequent, and the treasury is naturally hurting where do you ? Hmmm let me see -- the mideast is a mess and is threatening the entire world, so we have to continue our military excpansion -- we can't tax New Xealand and all their rich people so there is no source of money

But drugs will be cheaper innovation was just naturally coming to an end, and will have had nothing to do with reality, and folks will be sold that Obamacare brought down cost

another success

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654135 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 1:40 PM
"Interestingly I expect things to get much better

I fully expect the cost of medicine to decline rapidly in the next few years as Obamacare is implemented, this lowering of cost for consumers will be played as a sign of success"

===

Ha...is that why in most states, insurance has gone up 20% a year for the past few years?

We have more and more ways of finding out what is 'wrong' with you.

People are getting fatter and fatter with more and more problems and need for operations and parts replacements.

--=-----
---------

"As innovation comes crashing down, the costs will be lower as manufacturing becomes the issue not development. "

Once again, ha!.....what will happen is that drug innovation and manufacture will move overseas ...all those high paying jobs will disappear in the US. Folks won't bother to apply for US certification - too expensive. New drugs simply won't be available in the US.

Folks won't be willing to spend a billion bucks to bring better and more effective medicines and equipment and devices to the market.

You'll be on aspirin instead of a drug that will solve your problem.

-----

"All sorts of folks will find drugs they could not afford at one time will become affordable"

Since when? Actually, you might find out the new ones are 'simply not available' HERE!.....

---------

"Innovation will not die immediately."

Yep, but as drug innovators figure out there is no profit in coming up with new drugs...they won't!......

-----

"It will be funded by the Federal government in large part at first. "

Ha..the 'money fairy' will provide..despite the gov't having no money!.....

-------

"Then the budget cuts will begin along with the centralized planning ensuring money is not wasted on ideas not likely to come to fruition as keepers of the public purse that is only reasonable"

Yes, the same great minds that wasted nearly a trillion on porkulus, gave us solyndra, Abound Solar, and the other 32 failed 'solar' companies.....plus another 40 ethanol companies that took hundreds of millions of US dollars down the crapper.

The same great minds that wasted tens of billions on the programming language ADA?

The same great minds that brought us exploding Volts, Fiskers, and other electric cars? That no one wants?

------

The only way that the UK found to 'bring down' costs is through 18 month waiting lists, denial of 'costly' medicines, and the like

And of course, there is no drug industry in the country to speak of. They import everything, including their doctors.

t.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654138 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 1:42 PM
Innovation will not die immediately.

It will be funded by the Federal government in large part at first. Then the budget cuts will begin along with the centralized planning ensuring money is not wasted on ideas not likely to come to fruition as keepers of the public purse that is only reasonable

The only innovations we need are cures for breast cancer and AIDS. Everything else is fine as is. Just ask decath's co-workers.

--fleg

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654141 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 1:52 PM
Once again, ha!.....what will happen is that drug innovation and manufacture will move overseas ...all those high paying jobs will disappear in the US. Folks won't bother to apply for US certification - too expensive. New drugs simply won't be available in the US.

The problem with that theory is that the US has been paying most of the development costs. Most of the not third world companies overseas negotiate prices that don't include development costs.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654147 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 1:59 PM
1st, let them lay off salt, soda, and trans fat and school lunches. THEN they may talk about people's private decisions.

As someone who believes in liberty, I do not have the right to tell others what to eat, or what to do with their medical care.

But the government has no right to coerce someone to die, or to withold medicines or treatments that may keep them alive.

JediG

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654153 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 2:15 PM
But the government has no right to coerce someone to die, or to withold medicines or treatments that may keep them alive.

JediG

Where does the money come from to pay for everyone's unlimited "free" health care?

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654156 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 2:18 PM
When you ask that question about how we pay for welfare for illegal aliens, prison for illegal aliens, phones and other perks for the "needy" then you can have some credibility.

But since you ask....

Let's tax healthy people. They don't spend enough money on health care so they need to pay a surcharge. It's not fair to unhealthy people that others are in good health.

Progressive Health Funding.

JediG

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654171 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 3:23 PM
Recommendations: 1
Ha...is that why in most states, insurance has gone up 20% a year for the past few years?

We have more and more ways of finding out what is 'wrong' with you.

People are getting fatter and fatter with more and more problems and need for operations and parts replacements.

Nice rant, but it is not what I said now is it?

I said I expect the price of medicines to go down and that innovation will be stifled

I said it will be a negative in a number of ways, but it will be played up as a success because people will be able to afford their medicine

You write as if reality has anything to do with what will be reported.

Just as you ignored what I wrote, i fully expect the press to ignore reality and i expect an entire generation of people to stupid to realize government has destroyed their lives, to believe that it would have been so much worse without ObamaCare.

Just as folks today, believe that ObamaCare is a positive and ignore that costs are rising because now 26 year olds can still get coverage under the parent's policies

Just like You they focus on what they want and ignore what is said.

Of course you are significantly superior because you do not remotely ignore what is happening or all the root causes, so don't think I am comparing you with the cattle.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654172 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 3:26 PM
Where does the money come from to pay for everyone's unlimited "free" health care?

It is not free -- we all pay taxes, every one of us uses gas, and there is a tax on gas. we all pay sales taxes and buy products that have a round about way of paying federal taxes.

So you see each of us deserves everything because we all pay taxes.

You are obviously a heartless racist who is at war with women

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654173 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 3:36 PM
Recommendations: 2
"Just as folks today, believe that ObamaCare is a positive and ignore that costs are rising because now 26 year olds can still get coverage under the parent's policies"

Wow...you mean those basement dwelling OWS types can 'mooch' off their parents because they are too lazy to actually get a good paying job with their useless 4 or 6 year college degree in lib arts, Womyn's Gender Study, 'art history' or the like?

It's their PARENTS paying more to keep 'junior' on the insurance policy.

There is no free lunch or money fairy.

The health policy for a under 26 individual is CHEEP!......

The problem is junior would rather buy a $4000 flat screen TV, $400 game box to go with it, $400 Blue Ray super system, pay the cable provider $250 for all the premium channels in HDTV, a $1000 surround sound system, the latest iPhone and iPad......a $200 a month cellular/data bill...... eat out all the time, drink 3 or 4 Starbuck $6 coffees a day....

Have $500/month car payments for their sportscar delux.or SUV.....

Have a bar bill of $100/week 'entertaining'....

then whine they can't afford $100/month for a basic health insurance policy....

gotcha....

t.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654174 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 3:41 PM

You need look no further than Obama's model for the US economy -- Europe and its wonderful VAT. All we have to do is slap a 19% tax on most goods (only 8% on food because we're compassionate) and vwalla! Of course, with everything costing 19% more people will buy fewer things and the workers who make those things will lose their jobs, but they'll still get free health care.

--fleg

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654175 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 3:43 PM
"It is not free -- we all pay taxes, every one of us uses gas, and there is a tax on gas. we all pay sales taxes and buy products that have a round about way of paying federal taxes.

So you see each of us deserves everything because we all pay taxes. "

----

Joke? joke?

49% of all folks pay no income taxes. They actually get other people's money back in 'earned income credits'.

So your statement is false from the get-go

SECOND _ "every one" of us doesn't use gas. More than 35% of people under 25 don't even own a car these days. a large percent of folks who live in cities don't own cars. Tens of millions of them. They ride mass transit.

And not everyone pays sales tax since some states don't even have a sales tax......

AS to products with 'round about ways to get taxes'..yeah...you might have some of that, but for folks getting back $1000 in earned income credits/rebates (free check), their net tax contribution is way less than zero and that is 1/3rd of the population.

By the time you count the value of food stamps and section 8 housing allowances and AID for each kid, some households suck up $30,000 a year in free income.....and contribute next to none in actual taxes....and then get a check back from Obama as well as a free ObamaPhone!

True welfare weenies and queenies.

ANd that is at least 25% of the population now and increasing rapidly.

t

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654191 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 5:09 PM
Joke? joke?

No tele, not joke sarcasm

But the reason any good sarcasm is biting is that it is close enough to what morons are saying to require a double take, yet pushed just a little to bring it to the utterly absurd even for a foolmenowgoofyJoel

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654244 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/9/2012 8:49 PM

JediG

Patients can buy the medication, it just isn't "free" (paid by confiscating income from others).

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654542 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/11/2012 10:36 AM
Unfortunately, it is often about interfering with adults making their own medical decisions. Forcing adults to receive medical care pasted the point they don't want it is about controlling others and not the sanctity of life.

As a physician, this is a non-issue. I can't force a patient to do anything. I may try and coerce them into doing what I think is best for them, but there is no way I can force them. That would be called assault.

Its the family members that are more often forcing the medical care. Their loved one falls into a coma, gets in an accident, etc., etc., what ever situation where they can't make the choice, and the family decides to keep doing things. Even though its most likely against their wishes. Many times, advanced medical directives and medical powers of attorney are ignored by all sides.

Why this happens in multifactorial. Guilt, avoidance of finality, hate, revenge, keep getting that welfare/social security check, etc., etc.

For now, people still have the freedom of choice. IMHO, in the near future, that choice will be taken away.

JLC

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654647 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/11/2012 5:36 PM
They warn that the decision by drug rationing body Nice would create a ‘health apartheid’ between Scotland and England and Wales.

It's OK. I've been reading that Scotland is looking into breaking away from the UK and becoming its own country again anyway.

Although they still might be a "Commonwealth" and still might retain the Queen as their Sovereign. Only in Scotland she would be known as Queen Elizabeth I instead of Queen Elizabeth II because Scotland never had a first Queen named Elizabeth like England did.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654649 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/11/2012 5:38 PM
Once it's okay to kill one form of human being, it becomes okay to do so to human beings at other stages of their lives.

I remember what my dad said when abortion became legal nationwide. He said, "Today it's abortion, tomorrow it will be euthanasia. And the day after that, the government will dictate how long you'll be allowed to live."

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654651 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/11/2012 5:39 PM
Although they still might be a "Commonwealth" and still might retain the Queen as their Sovereign. Only in Scotland she would be known as Queen Elizabeth I instead of Queen Elizabeth II because Scotland never had a first Queen named Elizabeth like England did.

Since becoming a member of nobility, your intricate knowledge of UK's Royalty has been splendidly erudite.;-)

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654654 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/11/2012 5:45 PM
It is not free -- we all pay taxes, every one of us uses gas, and there is a tax on gas. we all pay sales taxes and buy products that have a round about way of paying federal taxes.

So you see each of us deserves everything because we all pay taxes.

You are obviously a heartless racist who is at war with women

Lowstudent, you have a wonderful gift for posting tongue-in-cheek. Sometimes I am not even sure which side you're really on.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654655 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/11/2012 5:46 PM
"I remember what my dad said when abortion became legal nationwide. He said, "Today it's abortion, tomorrow it will be euthanasia. And the day after that, the government will dictate how long you'll be allowed to live." - Andrew

--------------

Yeah I don't have a problem with that. We live too damn long nowadays anyway. Life was a lot better when people died in their late 40's and early 50's. I mean really? What difference does it make how long we live. We live as long as we live then we die. Eat, sleep, poop, watch TV, and reproduce. What else is there?

Art

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654658 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/11/2012 6:08 PM

Look at you. As soon as you get yourself a title you become the board royalty historian.

--fleg

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654671 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/11/2012 7:05 PM
Yeah I don't have a problem with that. We live too damn long nowadays anyway. Life was a lot better when people died in their late 40's and early 50's. I mean really? What difference does it make how long we live. We live as long as we live then we die. Eat, sleep, poop, watch TV, and reproduce. What else is there?

Art

Yeah, well, I don't know about you, but I don't want the government telling me at 70 or 75 that it's time to go.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654673 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/11/2012 7:18 PM
Since becoming a member of nobility, your intricate knowledge of UK's Royalty has been splendidly erudite.;-)

Here's an interesting organization I've been looking into lately. It's the American Monarchist League, and its members are for America ceasing to be a republic and becoming a monarchy. They make a case that politically we'd be better off, and give reasons why. Specifically, they want America to return under the fold of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II -- in the form of a commonwealth, like Canada or Australia.

It's an interesting idea, but I doubt it will ever happen. America is far more likely to devolve into a fascist dictatorship than it is to return to monarchy, IMHO. Which I think is one of the points the American Monarchist League makes -- that our President has too much power and that America is already run by an oligarchy anyway, and a monarchy would be the only institution that could successfully stand up to that.

Here's the site:

http://www.oocities.org/royalistparty/

They're also on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Monarchist-League/17...

If you read nothing else at the first link, do take a look at the link titled "The Real American Revolution: A Loyalist View". You know how they say it's always the winners who get to write the history books? Well, this is a look at the American Revolution from the loser's point of view... and some of the facts presented are a bit different from what you and I were taught in History class. It just goes to show that for every story, there are always two sides -- and the real truth is likely somewhere in between.

I just realized I'm posting all this on Veteran's Day... how interesting.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654677 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/11/2012 7:39 PM
"
I remember what my dad said when abortion became legal nationwide. He said, "Today it's abortion, tomorrow it will be euthanasia. And the day after that, the government will dictate how long you'll be allowed to live." "

Logan's Run...

t.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654761 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/12/2012 10:46 AM
"Yeah, well, I don't know about you, but I don't want the government telling me at 70 or 75 that it's time to go." = Andrew

Actually that's my plan. Early to mid 70's and then I'm outta here.

Art

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654768 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/12/2012 11:24 AM
"Yeah, well, I don't know about you, but I don't want the government telling me at 70 or 75 that it's time to go." = Andrew

Actually that's my plan. Early to mid 70's and then I'm outta here.

If it's YOUR plan, that's your business.

But if it's THE GOVERNMENT's plan FOR YOU, and when you get to that age you don't agree with it, is it okay for the government to deny you the right or ability to use your own resources on your own plan?

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654770 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/12/2012 11:30 AM
But if it's THE GOVERNMENT's plan FOR YOU, and when you get to that age you don't agree with it, is it okay for the government to deny you the right or ability to use your own resources on your own plan?
--------------------------------------------------------
Maybe we should give Art something he may NOT agree with:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/no-meat-mondays-los-angeles

(CNSNews.com) - The Los Angeles City Council is urging all residents to observe "meatless Mondays" from now on.

A resolution adopted on Oct. 24 reads: "Be it resolved, that the Council of the City of Los Angeles hereby declares all Mondays as 'Meatless Mondays' in support of comprehensive sustainability efforts as well as to further encourage residents to eat a more varied plant-based diet to protect their health and protect animals."

Councilwoman Jan Perry, who introduced the resolution, also wants to ban new fast-food restaurants in South Los Angeles.

"While this is a symbolic gesture, it is asking people to think about the food choices they make. Eating less meat can reverse some of our nation's most common illnesses," press reports quoted Perry as saying.

The resolution makes 15 points in support of meatless Mondays, including U.N. recognition that "livestock are one of the most significant contributors to today's most serious environmental problems."
---------------------------------------------------
I think they should make it mandatory......in LA, me, i've got a pork roast in the crockpot.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654771 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/12/2012 11:31 AM
"If it's YOUR plan, that's your business. But if it's THE GOVERNMENT's plan FOR YOU, and when you get to that age you don't agree with it, is it okay for the government to deny you the right or ability to use your own resources on your own plan?" - warrl

After it comes to fruition I won't care what happens on this side of the veil. I will look back on what happened here like it was a dream and that it happened in the blink of an eye.

Art

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654772 of 757585
Subject: Re: UK health care - just 'suffer' a bit more Date: 11/12/2012 11:35 AM
"A resolution adopted on Oct. 24 reads: "Be it resolved, that the Council of the City of Los Angeles hereby declares all Mondays as 'Meatless Mondays' in support of comprehensive sustainability efforts as well as to further encourage residents to eat a more varied plant-based diet to protect their health and protect animals." Councilwoman Jan Perry, who introduced the resolution, also wants to ban new fast-food restaurants in South Los Angeles."While this is a symbolic gesture, it is asking people to think about the food choices they make. Eating less meat can reverse some of our nation's most common illnesses," press reports quoted Perry as saying.The resolution makes 15 points in support of meatless Mondays, including U.N. recognition that "livestock are one of the most significant contributors to today's most serious environmental problems."
---------------------------------------------------
I think they should make it mandatory......in LA, me, i've got a pork roast in the crockpot." - 2828

-------------------------------------------

I've got a 15 cubic foot freezer stuff with meat, pork, beef, chicken, fish, hot dogs, sandwich meats, cheese, etc. How they going to police this and stop me from eating meat.? I've got two more squirrels in the outdoor refrigerator. I ate two squirrels yesterday too. I'll kill and eat anything edible I can get my hands on.

"Eating less meat can reverse some of our nation's most common illnesses,"

That's part of my plan. I'm digging my own grave with a knife and a fork or at least that is what my older brother (the beekeeper) says.

Art

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (34) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement