UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: smolkod One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 190579  
Subject: uknown application error Date: 2/6/2013 3:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm suddenly unable to open any PDF files on my computer.

I get a message that says,

iexplore.exe Application error
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled
Click ok to terminate application
Click cancel to debug program

If I click on either response, I'm stuck in an endless loop with the same message popping up.

What does the message mean, and how can I fix my computer so I can open PDF files?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rshoe4056 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183677 of 190579
Subject: Re: uknown application error Date: 2/6/2013 3:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
What "program do you use to open pdf files? If you know, uninstall this program and reinstall. (Mot computers use Adobe Reader to open pdf file....I personally use Foxit reader.)
hope this works for you.

Bob S

Author: BobSch Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183683 of 190579
Subject: Re: uknown application error Date: 2/6/2013 7:19 PM
Foxit Reader for this Bob S. also.

Bob

Author: chasb Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183684 of 190579
Subject: Re: uknown application error Date: 2/6/2013 7:32 PM
Recommendations: 1
Foxit Reader is the only tool to use for PDF files.

Charlie Brown

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183690 of 190579
Subject: Re: uknown application error Date: 2/8/2013 1:38 PM
Try Adobe Acrobat Reader. It will probably work fine.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement