No. of Recommendations: 0
The Discovery Channel aired a show called "Ultimate Treehouse" and I'm not sure if it is a series or just a one episode special, but it was interesting. Interesting in that their "experts" were complete idiots and I wondered if it was to give them obstacles to conquer and personalities to argue over.

First of all, the sketch that the owner's son came up with was a fabulous idea, both classy and architecturally interesting. Their "expert" came up with--a box with a deck about 6 feet up a tree. He had no plans or drawings for the workers to go by (it was all "in his head," which is always a big help when you're, you know, not there.) At one point they sent him off to the hardware store so they could work without his disruptive influence. I swear that guy was on drugs.

Then they had the required perky "interior decorator" who drew a couple of rectangles with some crayons and announced a Gilligan's Island theme for what was supposed to be this guy's cigar smoking haven. She wanted bamboo all over the place and kept pushing it even as the guy's wife kept insisting no way.

The local workers, however, were fabulous, especially considering that they had to deal with those loonies. They worked through a huge snow storm under a tight time frame (the guy being surprised was away on a trip and, fortunately, he was delayed because of the storm.)

Personally, I think the owners would have been better off having the local people work something out from the son's drawing and avoiding the "experts" entirely. If it is a series, I hope they don't have those two doofuses as regulars, because this could be a really fun show without the forced drama.

pix
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement