UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (44) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756848  
Subject: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 8:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 15
http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/333167/407000-vo...

On Wednesday, I added up Obama’s margin in a few key states, to get a sense of just how agonizingly short the Romney campaign finished from 270 electoral votes.

Some of those straggling precincts have reported, and so here is an updated set of numbers, according to the results this morning on the New York Times’ results map:

Florida: 73,858

Ohio: 103,481

Virginia: 115,910

Colorado: 113,099

Those four states, with a collective margin of, 406,348 for Obama, add up to 69 electoral votes. Had Romney won 407,000 or so additional votes in the right proportion in those states, he would have 275 electoral votes.
----------------------------------------------------
It's amazing how a few votes here and there give you completely different result. Of course i'm probably sure most elections are like that. It does show you that vote fraud can be a game-changer. It also shows to me the Obama "mandate" isn't as mandatey as he thinks, especially since the house is republican.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654757 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 9:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
There ain't no stinkin' mandate. If Obummer wants to get anything done, he needs to get back to what this country used to be about instead of helping Islamist troublemakers all over the world and helping everybody who will vote for the Donkeys here at home. And just because every big lefty throughout this country wants something is no damn reason to pass a pile of crap and call it that, as we're all going to find out to our everlasting regret with regard to Obummercare. We need health care reform in this country, but Obummercare didn't reform it, it screwed it up. The health care system in this country is now FUBAR, and that is the result of this country's pols not having the balls to stand up and tell the Fat Drunk Dead Guy and the First Commie to go poop in their hat when it needed to be done.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654762 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 11:00 AM
Recommendations: 6
Obama, got, what, just under 51% of the popular vote and Romney got 49%+.

In my book, that is about 30% short of a mandate.

It was basically a tie, with voter fraud likely winning the election for Obama.

When 99 plus percent of 'eligible voters' turn out in Philadelphia, you know the results stink to high heaven. By the time they are done recounting in FL, in some places 133% of eligible voters turned out.....

t

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654764 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 11:05 AM
Recommendations: 1
When 99 plus percent of 'eligible voters' turn out in Philadelphia, you know the results stink to high heaven. By the time they are done recounting in FL, in some places 133% of eligible voters turned out.....
-------------------------------------------------------
The reason i've heard 133% turnout is because the ballot was 2 pages and each page was considered a voter, i'm not sure if that's true or not but that's what i heard. Philadelphia seems pretty fishy with that whole kicking out the republican watchers and another black panther keeping guard, yes i know he was a dem poll watcher, but he was dressed in the black panther garb and hanging out outside looking a little menacing.

Author: justacog Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654778 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 12:10 PM
How many active duty and veterans did not get their absentee ballots?

justacog

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654796 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 2:30 PM
Recommendations: 2
How many active duty and veterans did not get their absentee ballots?

justacog
----------------------------
There's that, but i can't believe so many fewer people voted than in 2008. I was much more motivated in 2012 than in 2008. I thought because of 2010 that conservatives would be much more motivated than they were. I realize Romney is not exactly "conservative", but geez, Obama is so far left he makes Romney seem like, i dunno, someone really conservative. That's why the numbers for turnout seemed wrong to me in the Nate Silver model, and the numbers from people like Dick Morris seemed more reasonable. I missunderestimated the apathy.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654798 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 2:45 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/20121112_In_59_Ph...

It's one thing for a Democratic presidential candidate to dominate a Democratic city like Philadelphia, but check out this head-spinning figure: In 59 voting divisions in the city, Mitt Romney received not one vote. Zero. Zilch.

These are the kind of numbers that send Republicans into paroxysms of voter-fraud angst, but such results may not be so startling after all.

"We have always had these dense urban corridors that are extremely Democratic," said Jonathan Rodden, a political science professor at Stanford University. "It's kind of an urban fact, and you are looking at the extreme end of it in Philadelphia."

Most big cities are politically homogeneous, with 75 percent to 80 percent of voters identifying as Democrats.

Cities are not only bursting with Democrats: They are easier to organize than rural areas where people live far apart from one another, said Sasha Issenberg, author of The Victory Lab: The Secret Science of Winning Campaigns.

"One reason Democrats can maximize votes in Philadelphia is that it's very easy to knock on every door," Issenberg said.

Still, was there not one contrarian voter in those 59 divisions, where unofficial vote tallies have President Obama outscoring Romney by a combined 19,605 to 0?
---------------------------------------------------------
C'mon! You mean to tell me 19,605 to nothing isn't a bit fishy <g>?

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654812 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 4:02 PM
Recommendations: 0
Those four states, with a collective margin of, 406,348 for Obama, add up to 69 electoral votes. Had Romney won 407,000 or so additional votes in the right proportion in those states, he would have 275 electoral votes.

Actually, it means Romney could have won if he'd collected half that many. Every vote he collects is one less vote for Obama. With a margin of 1000 votes, a switch of 501 changes the winner.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654815 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 4:04 PM
Recommendations: 4
It was basically a tie, with voter fraud likely winning the election for Obama.

This is a lie.

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654817 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 4:08 PM
t Obama, got, what, just under 51% of the popular vote and Romney got 49%+.

“Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?”

Obama/Biden 50.6% (332)
Romney/Ryan 47.8% (206)
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/live_results/pres...

LOL.

Peter

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654820 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 4:26 PM
“Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?”

Obama/Biden 50.6% (332)
Romney/Ryan 47.8% (206)
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/live_results/pres......

LOL.

Peter
-----------------------
I knew someone was going to do that. Yes, electoral votes, i get it. LOL. LOL. LOL. Feel better?

Megyn Kelly to Karl Rove, "republican math" ha, ha, ha!

The same exact thing could've been done in 2010 when democrats lost 63 house seats. My point was individual votes, by like people. You mean to tell me i couldn't summon some video of a democrat doing the same thing as Karl Rove in 2010 only worse? Chris Matthews? Ragin' Ugly Guy? Rachel Maddow? Ed Schultz? I actually went and looked at the video of Rove that the left called "a meltdown", talk about over-the-top analysis. They called Ohio with something like 73% of the vote in and it being a virtual tie at that point, and Rove said there were some heavily republican districts left from his contacts. It wasn't anything close to the way democrats described it. I was saying the same thing earlier in the night when they called a bunch of states for Romney when Obama was actually leading at that point. It's amazing how good they are at that stuff.

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654823 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 4:32 PM
2828 My point was individual votes,

I understand. Popular vote. Telegraph said Romney got 49%+. Actually he got 47.8%.

See my point about math?

Peter

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654827 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 4:57 PM
2828 wrote: On Wednesday, I added up Obama’s margin in a few key states, to get a sense of just how agonizingly short the Romney campaign finished from 270 electoral votes.

This is just flat out depressing. I did my share by participating in GOTV (get out the vote) activities--even in my already blue state (CA). I read that Romney's "ORCA" GOTV application failed on election day.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83653.html?hp=f1

I wonder if Romney would consider running again in 2016 after the country has had four more years of Obama-nomics and we're that much closer to ruination.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654830 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 5:02 PM
I wonder if Romney would consider running again in 2016 after the country has had four more years of Obama-nomics and we're that much closer to ruination.
-----------------------------------------------------
I think i'd much rather have someone from the up and coming take a shot, someone like Rubio or Ryan. Rubio/Ryan or Ryan/Rubio would be good.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654840 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 5:47 PM
I knew someone was going to do that. Yes, electoral votes, i get it. LOL. LOL. LOL. Feel better?

Actually, in the Electoral College, Obama got 61.7% of the vote.

As for your four states, in three of them, Obama got more raw votes that Romney did in winning North Carolina, the only close race he won.

Percentages are more significant. Obama got 4.7% more of the vote in Colorado, 3% more in Virginia, and 1.9% in Ohio. Florida 0.9%. That one was close, the others not so much.

Raw votes is a phony. Romney only won Alaska by about 30,000 votes. Jeff Fluke won the Arizona Senate seat by less than 79,000 votes, and Dean Heller by about 22,000 votes. This parsing does not bode well.

Also, in all the states you and I mentioned, the Hispanic populations share will grow over the next four years.

And, none of it was as close as 2000. None of it.

Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654841 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 5:51 PM
The GOP is doomed unless they can find a way to appeal to a wider group of voters, simple as that.

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654844 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 6:09 PM
There's that, but i can't believe so many fewer people voted than in 2008. I was much more motivated in 2012 than in 2008. I thought because of 2010 that conservatives would be much more motivated than they were. I realize Romney is not exactly "conservative", but geez, Obama is so far left he makes Romney seem like, i dunno, someone really conservative. That's why the numbers for turnout seemed wrong to me in the Nate Silver model, and the numbers from people like Dick Morris seemed more reasonable. I missunderestimated the apathy.

The majority of the 47% who pay no income tax "who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it" actually have jobs and work for a living. About half of those were Republicans in 2008.

Maybe demonizing people who did nothing other than fill their tax returns in accordance with the law* isn't the best way to motivate them to vote Republican.**

BWDIK?

*laws that the Republicans passed in 2001 and 2003, mostly.

**The reason why Dick Morris didn't understand the voter model is that it showed fewer Republicans and more independents in 2012 than there were in 2008. Rather than come to the obvious conclusion that Republicans were starting to self-identify as independents, he concluded that Baghdad Nate Silver was lying. These people weren't willing to vote for Obama, but they weren't willing to vote for Romney either, so they stayed home.

Just don't shoot me, I'm just the piano player.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654851 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 6:58 PM
ResNullius wrote: The GOP is doomed unless they can find a way to appeal to a wider group of voters, simple as that.

That's easy. All they have to do is (a) enthusiastically pay for contraceptives; (b) continue to kill baby human beings with abandon and (c) unflinchingly congratulate gay couples on their wedded bliss.

Stand firm on everything else.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654864 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 8:08 PM
I think i'd much rather have someone from the up and coming take a shot, someone like Rubio or Ryan. Rubio/Ryan or Ryan/Rubio would be good.
---------------------

That's exactly what DH said this evening. I worry a bit about them both being Catholic and the abortion issue. I don't think it will go away in 4 years.

arrete - I still have my Ryan t-shirt that says "Math", and I plan to wear it off and on. No one will know what it is anyway.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654865 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 8:10 PM
arrete wrote: I still have my Ryan t-shirt that says "Math", and I plan to wear it off and on.

It's equally important now to keep wearing it. I'm sure going to because math will out.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654866 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 8:11 PM
I like this one, too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitt-Romney-Paul-Ryan-Shirt-Mormon-v...

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654868 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 8:18 PM
The GOP is doomed unless they can find a way to appeal to a wider group of voters, simple as that.

That is the core of the dilemma. And it is probably more profound on the social and immigration issues than the economic issues.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654874 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/12/2012 8:53 PM
JoelCairo wrote: And it is probably more profound on the social and immigration issues than the economic issues.

Talk about whistling while Rome burns. Pfffft!

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654892 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 1:48 AM
Talk about whistling while Rome burns. Pfffft!

Stay inside and get consumed in the flames. You obviously don't know howw much ground has been laid to waste by your social policies already.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654895 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 2:29 AM
Yeah, you just keep banging on your cradle-to-grave mentality drum until our country goes the way of Greece. We'll see how you "progressives" like our country then.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654901 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 8:10 AM
arrete - I still have my Ryan t-shirt that says "Math", and I plan to wear it off and on. No one will know what it is anyway.
---------------------------------------------------
They will in 4 years <g>.

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654910 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 9:21 AM
Of course i'm probably sure most elections are like that.

Back in my college public speaking class, I did a speech on voting. I dug around and found 100s of federal and state elections that were decided by fractions of a vote when broken down by the precinct level. I was trying to show the importance of one vote.

JLC

Author: Vetiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654934 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 11:40 AM
"It's amazing how a few votes here and there give you completely different result. "

Three things:
1) While the vote the vote in FL, OH and Virginia was close, the vote in Colorado really wasn't. Obama won CO by almost 5%. The extra 114K voes Romney would have needed in CO would mean that he would have had to increase his vote total by 10%; actually that is a whole lot.

2) Obama actually won the popular vote. The electoral college system actually has a strong republican bias to begin with. This analysis where you give Romney an extra 400K votes on top of that is just an exercise in how further biased you can make a biased situation. Only 200K people voted in Alaska for their 3 electoral votes. If you compare that with the 3 million people that voted in Wisconsin for their 10 electoral votes, a vote in Alaska counts 4 times as much as a vote in Wisconsin.

3) Given 2) if you gave 0bama an extra 409,000 votes, allocated to his favor, he not only wins North Carolina, but Georgia as well if you run down the list of the closer results. If you allocate the extra 409K freely, Obama could have won: NC, Alaska, AZ, and Montana, an extra 32 electoral votes.

"It's amazing how a few votes here and there give you completely different result. "
George Bush won the presidency by 1 vote.

"It does show you that vote fraud can be a game-changer. "
Even in a close race, you would need to alter upwards of 50K votes to have an effect. There are two ways to do that only way to do that: 1) tamper with the voting machines, 2)tamper with the eligible voter rolls or the registration process. Both of these seem to be in the sphere of Republican antics.

"It also shows to me the Obama "mandate" isn't as mandatey as he thinks, especially since the house is republican. "
Democrats won in terms of total vote for House seats. It is only Republican Gerrymandering that preserved Republican control.

Mandate or no, Obama won and Romney lost.

V.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654936 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 11:48 AM
Even in a close race, you would need to alter upwards of 50K votes to have an effect. There are two ways to do that only way to do that: 1) tamper with the voting machines, 2)tamper with the eligible voter rolls or the registration process. Both of these seem to be in the sphere of Republican antics.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Romney-Philadelphia-Electio...

And the unofficial vote tallies have President Barack Obama beating the former Massachusetts governor by a combined vote of 19,605 to 0, The Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
I also read Romney got 0 votes in 9 precincts in Ohio. I mean i can understand Philly is heavily democrat, but this seems a little much.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654939 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 12:08 PM
Recommendations: 5
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Romney-Philadelphia-Electio......

And the unofficial vote tallies have President Barack Obama beating the former Massachusetts governor by a combined vote of 19,605 to 0, The Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
I also read Romney got 0 votes in 9 precincts in Ohio. I mean i can understand Philly is heavily democrat, but this seems a little much.

I am sure glad there is no such thing as voter fraud, nor is there any question of curious voter registration in any of those precincts.

Reps are supposed to just ignore everything and be chastised. BS things stink this election, the smell is awe inspiring.

Author: Vetiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654960 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 2:32 PM
"I also read Romney got 0 votes in 9 precincts in Ohio."

1) it would not surprise me if Romney go zero in my mom's precinct (in Gary, IN).
2) Certainly Romney registering zero calls for an examination once the totals are official. The election in Wisconsin for judge where the dem won but later lost when the numbers became official, the republican clerk forgot to enter the republican numbers from one county.
3) If I was going to fake something I would not call attention to it by giving Romney zero.
4) Assuming Romney did get 3% in those precincts, that is 600 votes.

V.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654962 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 2:39 PM
3) If I was going to fake something I would not call attention to it by giving Romney zero.
-----------------------------------------------------
Yeah, i was thinking of that too, but it could be that they felt they needed to overcome the rural red counties and needed every vote they could get. I was just trying to envision the Philly precincts going 19,000 to nothing. That's like filling the United Center to the rafters with people and not one of them voting for Romney, even by mistake. That seems hard to believe to me, especially given that my father accidently voted for every presidential candidate in 2008.

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654963 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 3:00 PM
2828 My point was individual votes,

I understand. Popular vote. Telegraph said Romney got 49%+. Actually he got 47.8%.

See my point about math?

Peter

Meh, its within the error of voter fraud.

JLC

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654967 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 3:22 PM
"Telegraph said Romney got 49%+. Actually he got 47.8%."

I just was allowing for only a small amount of voter fraud - in districts that 'recorded' a vote for Romney as a vote for Obama.

In order to 'win' an election these days you need about 70% of the vote...then, you'll wind up winning by 3% as the 'just found' car trunk full of votes show up in every precinct...

When 120 or 150% of the registered voters 'vote' and vote for Obama...you know it is an uphill battle

Not to pick nits.....but you are basically saying that 3 people out of a hundred actually determined who won the election (or their 3rd and 4th votes) did....and the other 97% cancelled each other out.....

It was a 'tie'.

No one wound up with a mandate.

The only conclusion is that half the country didn't want Obama..the other half was bought off.

t.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654969 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 3:38 PM
Yeah, you just keep banging on your cradle-to-grave mentality drum until our country goes the way of Greece. We'll see how you "progressives" like our country then.

Turn that screwdriver in yourself. Living off your trust funds! How dare someone who never had to work a day in their life dare criticizze people who work hard every year of their adult lives!

And complain about things that never impact their quality of life.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654980 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 5:15 PM
Joel "The Maroon" Cairo wrote: Living off your trust funds! How dare someone who never had to work a day in their life dare criticizze people who work hard every year of their adult lives! And complain about things that never impact their quality of life.

Oh. My. God.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655008 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/13/2012 8:25 PM
Oh. My. God.

I just was following the tone, content, reasonableness and reality of your post. You want to toss that around, be prepared to have it tossed back at you.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655183 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/14/2012 9:23 PM
Turn that screwdriver in yourself. Living off your trust funds! How dare someone who never had to work a day in their life dare criticizze people who work hard every year of their adult lives!

Just whom is being referred to here? I can't recall the last time I read a post here that made less sense than this one. <scratches head>

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655200 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/14/2012 11:06 PM
andrew61 wrote: Just whom is being referred to here? I can't recall the last time I read a post here that made less sense than this one. <scratches head>

The idiot librul who wrote, "Turn that screwdriver in yourself. Living off your trust funds! How dare someone who never had to work a day in their life dare criticizze people who work hard every year of their adult lives!" was referring to, of all people, me!

If I have a trust fund, I have misplaced it and have not seen it for going on 61 years.

Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655233 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/15/2012 9:04 AM
Eureka!

They found a ->Lost<- Box of uncounted Ballots in Breward county FL.

Immaculate Reappearance!

Author: AdvocatusDiaboli Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656475 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 11/21/2012 10:20 PM
I was just trying to envision the Philly precincts going 19,000 to nothing. That's like filling the United Center to the rafters with people and not one of them voting for Romney, even by mistake. That seems hard to believe to me, especially given that my father accidently voted for every presidential candidate in 2008.

A big majority of people without high school diplomas voted for Obama. A big majority of people in big cities voted for Obama. Almost all blacks voted for Obama.
The Philadelphia precincts in question were urban, solidly black (as in 95+%) and probably (I'm guessing here) at the low end of the education scale. And even the handful of whites that may be living in such a location (urban, poor) will overwhelmingly vote for Obama.
So you'd expect something like 98% for Obama among such a demography, and thus many precincts with such a demography will have 0 votes for Romney.
Here's a good article on the issue:

http://articles.philly.com/2012-11-13/news/35069785_1_romney...

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659992 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 12/14/2012 8:20 AM
2828 wrote: That's why the numbers for turnout seemed wrong to me in the Nate Silver model, and the numbers from people like Dick Morris seemed more reasonable. I missunderestimated the apathy.

The conservatives' ground game was frustratingly lacking. I worked on the campaign for CA Republicsns. The phone list was 90% inaccurate!

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659994 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 12/14/2012 8:23 AM
Quoted: "We have always had these dense urban corridors that are extremely Democratic," said Jonathan Rodden, a political science professor at Stanford University.

Professor Rodden is likely a Democrat.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 660002 of 756848
Subject: Re: Unbelievable Really Date: 12/14/2012 8:49 AM
PR wrote: See my point about math?

Math matters to libruls only in elections. The economy? Not so much.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (44) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement