Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I know about estimated taxes. But that didn't help me when I screwed up my spreadsheet formulas and paid less than I should have.

I'm still waiting for a K-1 and probably won't get it until mid-March but would like to stop the clock on the interest due by sending in another payment to our beloved Feds.

Do I simply fill out a blank 1040-ES with the usual names and SSANs and forward the bucks to Big Uncle or is there some special procedure? Again, please note that, first, I've already filed the 1040 ES for quarters one through four; and second, that I won't be able to have ALL my data together until about a month from now. Thus, I'm simply trying to decrease the outlay for penalty interest.

Thanks to all the gurus who post here!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.