Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: donaldlyons Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19026  
Subject: understanding fool port data Date: 9/21/1998 3:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi all,
This is my very first message posted on the Internet, and somewhat new to using the Net, so please be understanding. I've been looking at "Today's FoolWatch", "Fool Port Quotes", and have difficulty understanding the columns headed by # and "In At" in the list of stocks, and reconciling these numbers with the archival data. The "In At" price does not seem to represent the actual price at the first purchase, adjusted for stock splits. What happens when various amounts of the stock are bought and sold at various times? Can one get a record of all past purchases, either for an individual stock or for the entire portfolio? Also, I once saw info on how to begin one's own Fool Port, but can't seem to find it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Don Lyons
Print the post Back To Top
Author: oldred22 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28 of 19026
Subject: Re: understanding fool port data Date: 9/21/1998 11:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
donaldlyons wrote"
Hi all,
This is my very first message posted on the Internet,

Wow cool, welcome aboard the internet.

I cant answer your questions cause I am a newbie to this stock stuff myself, but I can tell you that you have taken a mojor step forward in comminications with others that have similar intrests.

I assume you are retired (or soon to be).

Welcome again

And I am sure one of the real Fools (anyone who's screen name starts with TMF??) will provide a really great answer to your question.

oldred22

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement