I have a NQSO grant that is about to expire (the original grant was 7 years ago).The options are actually slightly underwater today (strike price was $30, today's closing price was $29.02). Over the last 52 weeks, the price has ranged between $21.45 and $31.48.The grant is 2,200 shares, so it would cost me $66,000 to exercise, which is a significant amount of money for us. I am doubtful that the stock price will increase tremendously any time soon, so that's 66K that will be tied up in stock, and unavailable for other things like home improvement, etc.Should I just let these options expire? The stock price would have to gain $1 for me to just break even. Even if it increased $2 (which doesn't seem likely in the short term), that's only a 3.3% ROI before taxes. It seems more likely that the stock could lose even more value.Looking at it this way, it seems like very little reward for a significant amount of risk, so I'm inclined to just leave these options on the table. Are there other things I should consider?
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar<