UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tedhimself Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10371  
Subject: undo in quicken 2007 Date: 2/4/2011 9:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is there an way to undo a transaction? I messed something up in a 12 year long portfolio and really need to find an undo button. Quicken 2007, TIA

Ted _ Didn't find anything in quicken help, but probably don't know where to look
Print the post Back To Top
Author: op456op Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9685 of 10371
Subject: Re: undo in quicken 2007 Date: 2/4/2011 9:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Is it just a transaction in a portfolio register? You should have a "delete transaction" option in the edit menu. You could also try to highlight the transaction & press the "delete" key (don't know if this would work).

I don't remember how 2007 was laid out, 2010 has a delete button right in the transaction entries.

Author: tedhimself Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9686 of 10371
Subject: Re: undo in quicken 2007 Date: 2/4/2011 10:22 PM
I was trying to set up automatic update in a stock account that I had always manually updated. I obviously didn't understand what Quicken was asking me about accepting really old transactions it didn't "Like"

If worst comes to worst, I have a two month old backup and can revert, but I suspect I will run into the same problem again.

I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a long difficult process after I try to do IRA's and regular accounts for both DW and I.

Author: Kurtv Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9687 of 10371
Subject: Re: undo in quicken 2007 Date: 2/4/2011 10:33 PM
Recommendations: 1
Is there an way to undo a transaction? I messed something up in a 12 year long portfolio and really need to find an undo button.

Has the transaction been reconciled yet? Yes you can delete or edit previous transactions but you want to be careful changing ones that have been reconciled.

Can you give us a better idea of what is wrong with the original transaction? Wrong share count, date, share price, etc.
I never type in the share price for any security I purchase, or sell for that matter. Only the date, total shares, commission and total cost of the transaction. Let Quicken figure the price. Otherwise you'll get rounding errors that effect your cost basis.

Kurt

Author: Kurtv Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9688 of 10371
Subject: Re: undo in quicken 2007 Date: 2/4/2011 10:41 PM
I was trying to set up automatic update in a stock account that I had always manually updated. I obviously didn't understand what Quicken was asking me about accepting really old transactions it didn't "Like"

If they are duplicates, you should be able to delete the newly accepted transactions. But first, how about making a new backup file. Keep the one that is two months old also, you might need it as well. That way you can revert to either if needed.

And I'm sure you don't need to hear this but 2 months between backups is not a routine. :( Need to work on that.

Kurt

Author: tedhimself Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9689 of 10371
Subject: Re: undo in quicken 2007 Date: 2/4/2011 11:33 PM
And I'm sure you don't need to hear this but 2 months between backups is not a routine. :( Need to work on that.

Yup, I normally make two backups each month (one for safety deposit box at bank). Of course, the one time it doesn't get done...

Tomorrow, I'll try to figure out what went wrong. (After making several backups.)

Author: Eugeneous Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9690 of 10371
Subject: Re: undo in quicken 2007 Date: 2/11/2011 8:21 PM
Is it the last transaction you entered? If so sort by order entered and the problem entry with be at the bottom.

Eugene

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement