UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dumaflotchie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 72151  
Subject: Unemployment Grave Concern Bernanke Date: 10/5/2012 6:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.nbc.com/news-sports/cnbc/2012/09/bernanke-employm...

fed Chairman expressed "grave concern" about unemployment just 3 weeks ago and now Obama tells us we are in much better shape????

Some body's got it wrong......Bernanke or Obama!

I am going to guess the next jobs report will favor Bernanke's concerns.

Real unemployment is 14% or greater......number of new jobs isn't keeping up with population growth........how does it go down again???

Furthermore.....look at the types of jobs.........not good.

Not good at all.

BTW, wonder why tamahas hasn't been reporting the new polls out today on swing states????.......something to do with Romney now leading perhaps???
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tamhas Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63996 of 72151
Subject: Re: Unemployment Grave Concern Bernanke Date: 10/5/2012 6:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Actually, things are even better in the polls ... there just hasn't been any relevant news. Silver did a nice analysis of how post-debate instant polling was a very poor predicter of real post debate polling, but I'm sure you don't want to hear that. Next week sometime we will have some real numbers. Either Romney gets a big boost or things are looking dim.

As for initial results, 1st and 2nd revisions to job numbers, here's a chart ... just in case you want to read too much into your guesses.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/10/revised-numbers-s...

Oh, and there will be another month of figures before the election.

Author: dumaflotchie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63998 of 72151
Subject: Re: Unemployment Grave Concern Bernanke Date: 10/5/2012 7:03 PM
They do seem better don't they:

http://news.yahoo.com/swing-states-swinging-back-romney-2004...

Author: tamhas Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64018 of 72151
Subject: Re: Unemployment Grave Concern Bernanke Date: 10/6/2012 11:02 AM
I'd wait for a little more data before you break out the champagne. Not only is the data very limited so far and basically dealing with one day of reaction, but we don't have polling yet that reflects the jobs report or continuing reaction or the other debates etc.

In particular, there are two interesting tidbits in this polling data. One is that one poll had a couple different samples that might suggest the boost for Romney was more a reaction to the post debate press than to the debate itself. Is that lasting? Is there going to be further twists in the press response? We just don't know yet.

The other was that there was a significant uptick in these polls of people who identified as Republican. Does this mean a shift in allegiance in the population or does it just mean that Republicans, buoyed in spirits, were more willing to respond to a robopoll?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement