Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Not sure if I am at right location for this question, but here goes:

My company is offfering a Voluntary Separation Plan (VSP) for all employees 55 years old or older and with 10 years of service, or more. Plan will pay full salary for 52 weeks, and also full medical, dental, vision, just like if you were working. After 52 weeks, everything stops and you are on your own. My question is this: because I am technically layed off, am I eligible to receive unemployment compensation from the State at the same time I am collecting money from my VSP? I live in Illinois. Any and all input is appreciated. Catch is: I need to decide by 01MAY09. If I accept the plan, I have 7 days to change my mind and reject the plan.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.