UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fooljr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2674  
Subject: Uniform Gifts Date: 7/17/1998 11:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
hi. I just turned 18 and live in teh state of Maryland, I was under the impression that I could now gain control of my custodial accounts. My Broker at Dean Witter said I had to be 21 before I could gain control. I then went to a broker at Fidelity who said that I could gain control of the accounts at 18. Any ideas on what the law actually says, or a link to where I could get this sort of info. Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jeredman Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 290 of 2674
Subject: Re: Uniform Gifts Date: 7/17/1998 11:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
>I just turned 18 and live in teh state of Maryland

I had the same problem a while back...it seemed I had a 50/50 shot at it...

I did get lucky with one phone call though...a gentleman at E*Trade used to live in state and confirmed that the age is 18 for CT...the key term you need to know is the "age of majority." Apparently it's different depending on the state. I found that even the neighborhood brokers and lawyers were confused on the subject (yeah, I made a few phone calls).

Hope this helps!
-Jeremy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement