UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: impolite Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 883954  
Subject: Re: OT: High blood pressure --> brain damage Date: 11/15/2012 1:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Unless someone's actually testing your BP or you're testing it with a machine, there's no way to really know that you're BP is lowering. Feeling stressed or not stressed is not always related to blood pressure going up - there are some who can experience stress and their BP doesn't rise, and there are many who don't feel stressed but they have high BP.

On this same note, isn't BP usually called "the silent killer" because of how it goes unnoticed until dire?

As an example, in my last pregnancy my BP was *apparently* spiking pretty frequently towards the end, enough to warrant part time and then full time bed rest for a thankfully short amount of time.

It was only caught by health care professionals - I didn't feel bad. The only physical indication that I was having issues was swelling; the only "symptom" I can now say I had beyond the discomfort of swelling was forgetfulness. Just being a ditz, in general - or at least more so than usual.

Forgetfulness would lend itself to the theory of brain damage however, if even slightly elevated BP like mine was enough to cause changes in my behavior and cognitive abilities.

impolite
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement