UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wnoran Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75832  
Subject: unload a load Date: 1/26/2000 7:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
my investment councelor charges 1.4% and is ok but less than s&p 500... i'm 56 and may want $ in 3-4 years. so what do i do to get $ put in american express (free trades?)? and who directs my withdrals later, to be irs etc. correct?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18259 of 75832
Subject: Re: unload a load Date: 1/26/2000 12:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
First, may we presume that you are talking about an IRA account? If so, then all you need do is contact the firm you want to be custodian of your IRA and ask them to arrange a transfer. After age 59-1/2 the custodian of your account--who ever that is--can help you workout a payment plan that satisfies the IRS.

By the way, American Express is not noted for their low cost trades. A discount broker would be the most versatile choice for your future custodian--especially if you want to invest in stocks or a combination of stocks and mutual funds. But you could also go to a major mutual fund company and ask them to set up an IRA account. Vanguard for one offers index funds and is usually very low cost.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement