Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Rael137 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5056  
Subject: Unopened Halloween candy Date: 11/8/2012 7:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is it ethical to return unopened bags of Halloween candy?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Frydaze1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4727 of 5056
Subject: Re: Unopened Halloween candy Date: 11/8/2012 7:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!

If you purchased it, I don't see why not.

If it was a "gift"... ethically, you could return any other gift, so again I don't see why not. Personally I wouldn't. I'd give it to some other child. It was intended to make some random child happy. I'd want to continue that. But it wouldn't be unethical not to, imo.

Frydaze1

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4728 of 5056
Subject: Re: Unopened Halloween candy Date: 11/13/2012 11:01 PM
Recommendations: 1
"Is it ethical to return unopened bags of Halloween candy? "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This year's or last year's or from ten years back?

Howie52
The ethical dilemma would become significant at around the 5 year mark
I would guess unless the bags begin to move independently or
significant bubbling has started before that date.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4729 of 5056
Subject: Re: Unopened Halloween candy Date: 11/16/2012 10:33 AM
Recommendations: 2

While it isn't unethical to return it, I would wonder about the policy of the store where it was purchased. Some stores consider halloween candy to be along the same lines as holiday decorations and don't give complete refunds if the holiday is over.

That said, if the bags are just generic candy without any sort of holiday packaging, then you could probably take them back.

Another alternative would be to donate them to a food bank and let them distribute the candy as treats to the children of their clients.

LWW

Author: lovingrose Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4734 of 5056
Subject: Re: Unopened Halloween candy Date: 1/23/2013 12:07 PM
Personally, I don't see a problem with returning it if it's done right away. If it's more than a week or two after the holiday or after the sell-by date, that's a different matter.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement