Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all,

My colleague works about 100 miles from his house. He has been commuting for a year or so, but has recently decided that he will rent a desk in an office near his home for sanity purposes. The company will not be reimbursing him the cost of the space he is renting. He is not required to have his own space, but the company has no objections to his working from a different location.

Given this situation, can he deduct his rent on form 2106 or 2106-EZ?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.