Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, I plan to withdawl money from my IRA to cover unreimbursed medical expenses. I know the money I withdrawl must exceed 7.5% of my AGI as defined on line 38 of my 1040 form. My question is: Where on the 1040 do I declare the money I got from my IRA? Is it on line 15B? If it is on line 15B would'nt that increase my AGI on line 31 thereby decreasing the amount I can withdrawl penalty free?

Thanks so much. Bob.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.