Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I converted my IRA Rollover to a Roth Rollover in 1998. In November I changed jobs. My severence pay pushed my AGI over the $100,000 limit and I had to convert my Roth back to a traditional IRA Rollover. I have the distribution forms from Ameritrade showing both distributions... one to the Roth and another back to the IRA Rollover (all in 1998). However, in between, the assets appreciated, so that the second distribution is for a higher amount. Does this matter?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.