Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: geocurt Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35  
Subject: Up 18% today Date: 10/20/2000 5:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, QBAK went up over 18% today on 4 times the normal volume. Did any Fools out there notice? Is anyone still following this stock?

It continues to look fundamentally strong, but I am curious about the big move. I did a little poking around but found no news to justify it. If you have any ideas, I'm curious to hear them.

geocurt
Print the post Back To Top
Author: veralew Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14 of 35
Subject: Re: Up 18% today Date: 10/20/2000 7:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
No news to explain run-up. Article in Times profiled stock a few days ago as an upcoming San Fernando Valley firm.

I'm still holding as a long term buy.

Anyone else have other news?

Author: netstockfiend Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 35
Subject: Re: Up 18% today Date: 10/20/2000 7:19 PM
Hey QBAKers,

I just bought at the open this morning and was amazed at how this stock flew all over the place on real volume after I bought.

There is no news, but my guess is that people are starting to buy it for the same reasons I did: Qualstar is going to benefit from the same growth in demand for storage products that are driving the prices sky high for companies like NTAP and EMLX. True, QBAK doesn't have the sexy product in this market, but it trades at a P/E on this year's earnings of about 15, while long-term growth is projected at 27% -- a real value play in a sector strong on momentum and short on value. Others will find this gem and we will become less of a "value" play on the way up, I hope.

Fool on,

The Fiend

Author: kyle2395 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 35
Subject: Re: Up 18% today Date: 10/22/2000 2:10 PM
actually there was news.
i visited qualstar's homepage and they released some news concerning building a new headquarters becuase they were growing so fast. yall can go get it from qualstar.com and click on press releases i believe and it will be there.

this company is great.

kyle

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement