UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 401kinvestor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308362  
Subject: update Date: 8/3/2012 12:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Ok I paid off the old 2008 Nissan Sentra last Friday. Unfortuately my old car because of the accident was "totaled" out. I getting a check for $10,415.00 once I get the title from the old car and mail to Liberty Mutual. I bought used 2011 Nissan Sentra thru Arizona Federal Members Auto Service with 25,400 miles on it. I put $2000 as a down payment from the money I had with mom and dad as a efund. My new balance I owe Arizona Federal is $15,931.91. The interest rate is 3.74% on a 6 year note. My new payment is $247.98.

I'm still black and blue on my belly and some of the injuries have started to heal. I still have a 25 lb limit I can lift. I'm not sure when it will heal. I'm still in pain when I get in and out of bed. I still unable to take a regular bath as I can't get in and out of the bathtub. I been using mom and dad's shower.

I know some of you will be p.o. at me for not buying a 2012 nissan and paying over 27K for it. Simply I'm sick and tired of the dealerships **** and games they play the payment would have been over $400 again and having to refi over 3 times to get the payment to affordable.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305671 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/3/2012 12:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I know some of you will be p.o. at me for not buying a 2012 nissan and paying over 27K for it. Simply I'm sick and tired of the dealerships

I doubt that anyone will be upset that you didn't buy a new car.

Many used cars are very close in price to a similar new car. A $10,000 difference for 25K miles is a good discount.

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305672 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/3/2012 1:24 AM
I'm glad you're beginning to feel better. Sometimes really deep bruises take a long time to appear. But I assume the doctors took x-rays, so it's apparently one of those injuries that will just take time.

I think, given the general attitude of the board, that we'd be more upset if you paid full price for a new car. In fact, you'll probably get a lot of comments about how much cheaper an older car would be, so don't let it worry you.

Take care of yourself.

Nancy

Author: Globetraveler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305673 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/3/2012 3:24 AM
Recommendations: 2
I know some of you will be p.o. at me for not buying a 2012 nissan and paying over 27K for it. Simply I'm sick and tired of the dealerships **** and games they play the payment would have been over $400 again and having to refi over 3 times to get the payment to affordable.

27K with under $400 payments is a pretty tough deal to work out. With 0% interest 27K at 60 months will be 450 a month. At 72 months, you would need a loan at about 2% or less.

With your requirement of a 400 or less payment, the dealership is pretty much stuck trying to run weird finance schemes.

Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305674 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/3/2012 9:37 AM
I know some of you will be p.o. at me for not buying a 2012 nissan and paying over 27K for it.

Not in a million years. New is a luxury. On this board you're more likely to hear that you should have gotten an even older car for less so you could build up that e-fund we've been harping on.

Concentrate on healing and I hope everything gets straightened out with the bills.

Lara Amber

Author: aj485 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305675 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/3/2012 11:13 AM
Recommendations: 4
I getting a check for $10,415.00 once I get the title from the old car and mail to Liberty Mutual.

What are you going to do with this money? Pay down the loan for the new (to you) car?

AJ

Author: YewGuise Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305676 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/3/2012 11:30 AM
...I know some of you will be p.o. at me for not buying a 2012 nissan and paying over 27K ...

What leads you to believe that anyone here thinks you should spend $27k? And/or that you should replace a 2008 car with a 2012 car?

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305677 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/3/2012 11:50 AM
Recommendations: 0
I still unable to take a regular bath as I can't get in and out of the bathtub. I been using mom and dad's shower.

I'm a little confused by this -- do you mean you feel a bathtub with shower attachment is too dangerous right now for you to take a shower in (such as risk of slipping) or does you place only have a free standing bathtub?

Author: 2gifts Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305678 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/3/2012 12:07 PM
Recommendations: 8
do you mean you feel a bathtub with shower attachment is too dangerous right now for you to take a shower in (such as risk of slipping) or does you place only have a free standing bathtub?

I'm not the OP, but I read this as meaning that he cannot climb in and out of the tub safely because he has to step over the tub wall. Whether or not the tub has a shower attachment doesn't matter because he cannot get into a tub. However, he can step into a shower without having to climb over anything, so he is doing that instead.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305691 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/6/2012 1:18 PM
I know some of you will be p.o. at me for not buying a 2012 nissan

I wouldn't be p.o.'d but I do hope that you had the used car inspected by a mechanic before buying. It doesn't matter if it is only a year old.

PSU

Author: Globetraveler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305698 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/7/2012 11:10 AM
I wouldn't be p.o.'d but I do hope that you had the used car inspected by a mechanic before buying. It doesn't matter if it is only a year old.

Very smart advice!

Someone in my office is suffering from this right now. They bought a one year old car and paid one year old car prices. As it turns out, the car was totaled in an accident a while back. The car was then bought at an auction, repaired and fixed up, sold to a wholesale distributor, who sold it to a dealership. All of this while maintaining a clean title

The dealership claims no responsibility that since the title was listed as clean, they had no idea the car was totaled. The Car Fax was clean and they claim they are only as good as the info they were provided, so they are not at fault. The major issue seems to be that the Washington DMV never issued a reconditioned title when the car was totaled. The person in my office is working with the state attorney general in Washington state to try and resolve the issue, however they are probably going to have to hire an attorney .

They discovered the issue when they took it to a dealership for warranty repair here in Alaska. The local dealership immediately noticed some indications of a reconditioned car, thus invalidating the warranty.

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305699 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/7/2012 11:24 AM
As it turns out, the car was totaled in an accident a while back. The car was then bought at an auction, repaired and fixed up, sold to a wholesale distributor, who sold it to a dealership. All of this while maintaining a clean title

I know of a case (and this was a long time ago. Probably in the nineteen fifties) where a shipload of cars sank in one of the Great Lakes. They were close enough to shore that salvaging them would be worth the cost. So someone hauled them up, dried them out and sold them. The new owners were not informed that the cars had been underwater.

Nancy

Author: JAFO31 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305702 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/7/2012 2:49 PM
Windowseat:

<<<As it turns out, the car was totaled in an accident a while back. The car was then bought at an auction, repaired and fixed up, sold to a wholesale distributor, who sold it to a dealership. All of this while maintaining a clean title>>>

"I know of a case (and this was a long time ago. Probably in the nineteen fifties) where a shipload of cars sank in one of the Great Lakes. They were close enough to shore that salvaging them would be worth the cost. So someone hauled them up, dried them out and sold them. The new owners were not informed that the cars had been underwater."

The wreck of the Edmund Fitgerald?

Regards, JAFO

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305703 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/7/2012 3:00 PM
<u>The wreck of the Edmund Fitgerald?

The Edmund Fitzgerald was a long time later, and it carried iron ore.

No, I don't remember details other than it was a shipload of cars, on the Great Lakes (though I think it was Michigan) and close enough to shore to make salvage a reasonable proposition. And my father (who told me the story) and his co-worker (who was the guy who sold the cars without releasing the details) have both been dead for a number of years.

Nancy

Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305704 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/7/2012 4:55 PM
Ok I paid off the old 2008 Nissan Sentra last Friday. Unfortuately my old car because of the accident was "totaled" out. I getting a check for $10,415.00 once I get the title from the old car and mail to Liberty Mutual. I bought used 2011 Nissan Sentra

This isn't for you but for others in a similar situation in the future. If you look for a car the same year, style and about the same miles as a replacement and find prices higher that the offer from the insurance company, you may be able to negotiate more for your totaled car.

Someone at TMF did that not more than a couple of years ago.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305707 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/8/2012 10:03 AM
No, I don't remember details other than it was a shipload of cars, on the Great Lakes (though I think it was Michigan) and close enough to shore to make salvage a reasonable proposition. And my father (who told me the story) and his co-worker (who was the guy who sold the cars without releasing the details) have both been dead for a number of years.

Every time a hurricane strikes the US, there is a warning in the news around here about the possibility of water-damaged cars being sold.

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305708 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/8/2012 2:41 PM
Every time a hurricane strikes the US, there is a warning in the news around here about the possibility of water-damaged cars being sold.

I remember that after Katrina there were a lot of warnings about cars that had been in New Orleans being shipped elsewhere for sale.

Nancy

Author: DrBooa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305740 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/16/2012 5:38 PM
Recommendations: 3
Darlin', it's like you don't know us.

We'd never chastise you for buying a used car (and might even ask, why not buy an older, cheaper car?). And we wouldn't laugh at you for being in a car accident, either. That is just unthinkable. I hope no one you know had that reaction.

--Booa

Author: 401kinvestor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305746 of 308362
Subject: Re: update Date: 8/17/2012 1:03 AM
I hope no one you know had that reaction.

Most but not all my coworkers say I got a good deal. However the color of the car not so great.

The most recent x-ray says I still have a fractured sternum thats displaced. I still have the seatbelt burns that take 3 months to get rid of.

I get paid in 1 week from today. I'm paying a pmt on the car to get rid of some of the car debt I have. I'm still waiting for the title on the old car from SunWest and so far its been 3 weeks since I paid off the old car. Its been 5 weeks since the accident.

Mom fell on the floor 3 days ago at 2:00 am and had the knee cap out of place when she fell. Moms been going to to the hospital alot I'm afraid were this is going.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement