UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: arthur23221 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: update (long winded) Date: 2/7/2001 10:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 22
Frequent lurker, seldom poster here. Just wanted to re-iterate what a fabulous source of information/inspiration/movitvation this board has been for me.

In June of 1999, my wife and I had 5 cards with 24K in debt racked up. I posted sometime last year about the strain and stress this was causing which spilled over into my work life, married life, etc.

Well we are down to 12.5K on one card @ 1.9%. We are paying AT LEAST $900 per month (most months $1,000) toward the debt. This is, by the way, our only debt now. (We have 2 paid for cars and we rent an apt. currently)

Quite frankly, we were ashamed and thought we were quite alone when we got a grip on our ridiculous spending habits. We have things under control and our household income is $55K currently (it was $46K when we started really paying).

For the first time, we are really starting to feel good about making good on our debt obligations and getting debt free. We want to buy house so we are playing with the idea of tightening our belts even further to get this paid off by late Summer so we can buy a house! It's a dream that seamed totally impossible this time last year.

Thanks in no small part to all the support here, we are doing it!

Print the post Back To Top
Author: TamarianG Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57407 of 308881
Subject: Re: update (long winded) Date: 2/9/2001 11:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Well done!! I know what you mean about that feeling when suddenly something like home ownership isn't a total fantasy...it's a better high than any drug, isn't it?

Keep up the fabulous work!

Tamarian

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement