No. of Recommendations: 1
Mostly for Randall, because I'm not sure if anybody else reads this board ever.

I'm in Chesapeake, Virginia, today, after spending most of the last two days in Williamsburg. I've been offered a full scholarship to the MBA program at The College of William and Mary, and I'm pretty much ecstatic.

Randall, they have a student run mutual fund that they call the Batten Fund...second year MBA students apply to be a part of the group that determines the direction, etc. They invest in all sectors, with each of the members of the fund responsible for a sector. They have what appear to be weekly meetings to present potential stocks for investment.

On Tuesday, I sat in on one of those meetings. Three stocks were presented, and, damnation, they do it well. Serious financial analysis, even some technical analysis (made me want to scream, but who cares) - and a "story" for each stock. It was interesting as hell.

Anyway, the fund has about $500,000 - they keep uninvested funds in sector ETFs until they make a determination on an individual fund in that sector, then the professor made a purchase order right then, on the spot, upon acceptance of the stock by the group. In the three hours I was there, they purchased about $60,000 worth of stock. All decided on by students.

Then, I attended a finance class by a guy who used to teach at Harvard - essentially, he valued the Amazon.com IPO from 1997 numbers and projections. Dude was brilliant - again, interesting as hell.

In a nutshell - man, I know where I'm going to be this August. You'd love this stuff...

Matthew
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
OUTSTANDING!!!!!
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey, you used my word....thats outstanding!
Dang it! My husband says that all day long!

And now, I have to listen to it here as well!

;)
Hey, somebody else is reading this board.

Of course, I can't not say it....

OUTSTANDING!

Where in AR might you be?

Matthew
Northwest. And I've been reading the board for a while ;).
Spent my share of time up there...

I'm having a hard time getting over the fact that there are people here...I guess I need to start posting again.
Advertisement