Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: impolite Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 38323  
Subject: Update on Me Date: 10/8/2012 9:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
1) I'm home today - kids have today off from school (and daycare closed) because it's Columbus day. It's a good thing I already had it planned....because the baby has a gnarly little cold.

2) Which sucks, because I was going to get all three kids their flu shots today, but they won't give the baby one while he's already got a cold (yes, I checked). I was going to get the baby's today, and then he'd get his second dose at his appointment on the 31st. But noooooooo....

3) In 7 days child support will be a total of 2.5 months behind. <le sigh>

4) My father is still all wrapped up about me not taking, or allowing him to take, the kids to Texas to visit family. {long discussion redacted}. Basically he was told it's not going to happen for several reasons, it doesn't matter if he thinks those reasons are valid because they aren't his to validate, and I'm done talking about it.

5) We have someone very, very interested in Houdini dog. It's in CollegeTown, and T is going to a game this coming weekend. Trying to work out the details of getting the dog, the potential adopters, and the potential adopters' landlord all in the same place *before* the game Saturday morning. I have made it clear that the potential adopters need to make sure the landlord understands this is a large animal. Well behaved, sure - but large. BEFORE we schlep him all the way out there in a truck with 4 grown men, KWIM? One way is a tough ride; all the way back while the guys are hungover would be hoooooorrrrrrible.

6) We had to spend 30 minutes last night digging the filter casing for the vacuum cleaner out from behind the fridge last night. The fridge is <small counter space> away from the sink, and I had cleaned the filter and casing and let it dry. I had then reassembled it, and I swear placed it *flat* on the counter. However Saturday morning, when I went to grab it, it was upright and did this slooooooooooow roooooolllll right off the counter and behind the fridge. The fridge that is SHOVED into the opening, and cannot be moved out again until we remodel, or remove the dishwasher first. Seriously. So. After T got home from Hometown, and we went to Nephew's bday party, I climbed on top of the fridge with a flashlight, and he fashioned a tool out of duct tape and the fan dusting tool stick, and we retrieved it. Ah, adulthood. Full of duct tape and precarious perches!

7) Fall ball is over. Q's team lost the (COLD AS HELL) game on Saturday, so we are done. Well, until classes start at the baseball club in two weeks, BUT STILL WE GET A BREAK.

8) The swim class level the kids need next isn't offered this go-around, so I don't even have to look at the schedule again until December. So that's nice. And frankly if child support isn't coming in before then, I won't be signing up for any classes. I don't have the extra $100 a month it would take for both kids to attend if child support isn't rolling in.

9) Race Weekend is fast approaching. We'll have a housefull of drunk men (and one woman) for 4 days, along with one evening of more family coming down for dinner. Strangely, though I complain about the prep work, I enjoy it every year. Need a 4 day nap after they all leave, but enjoy it all the same.

10) The baby's current favorite toys are, in no particular order: empty two-liter bottles, tupperware, coffee cups and El Stupido.

impolite
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement