UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: NoMetal Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 17921  
Subject: Re: Insurance Claim Help Needed Date: 11/14/2008 12:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Update on my battle with Enterprise:

I talked to their Loss Control department and kept going up the chain until I finally got someone to agree to reduce the cost of the tire replacement. They were going to charge me loss of use fee (1 day max), admin fee, and full replacement cost of the tire. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and State Attorney General stating that I should not have to pay for a tire worth more than the one it is replacing.

After several discussions, I was able to get Enterprise to pro-rate the tire on what was left and waived the admin fee and loss of use. They are finally sending me the bill and the amount is a lot less than what they were going to charge me.

I also got the insurance company to compensate me for diminished value of my new vehicle. An independent appraiser looked over my car after it was repaired, and then did a market analysis that basically consisted of contacting 3 - 6 dealers that sold my make of vehicle. They gave the appraiser the value of the vehicle before the accident and after it was repaired. I should be getting a nice size check any day now.

So, lesson learned - if you have to get a rental, be aware that road hazard damages are not usually covered nor the premium is worth it if you are going to have the vehicle for several weeks. Also, if you move up the chain high enough, you can get someone to listen to a fair and equitable compromise.

-NM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement