Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5015  
Subject: update on summer post Date: 10/12/2012 9:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
A month or so ago I posted about my dentist. I decided to give my friend's dentist (the do-gooder ;-) a try, and very glad I made the change. I feel a weight lifted from the moral ambiguity of supporting ex-dentist's practice. Plus I didn't care for his junior, now senior, partner. And my husband informed me they were never on our approved list for our dental insurance (he says he told me, but I guess it didn;t register. Since he pays the bills I didn't get annual confirmation of this fact, and I only asked DH for total medical payments, not a breakdown by doctor/dentist/etc. for budgeting. oy.) I confirmed that the new practice is on our dental insurance list. I never got my old records and had new x-rays taken. I told them I couldn't remember when I last had a full set done, thought probably 2-3 years, but I wasn't sure insurance would pay if it was too soon. They said they would eat the cost if that happened (seeing is believing, but so far, impressed).

SO far just an initial cleaning/exam at the new practice, but I like them and learned more about my teeth and caring for them than I ever knew before. For example, I always thought I didn't have that 4th wisdom tooth. They showed me the film (well, digital x-ray) where it just never broke the surface (not impacted, doesn't bother me). They had suggestions for my dry mouth and 2 sensitive teeth (which they performed several tests on to be sure there was nothing wrong that the x-ray didn't pick up).

My husband just had a root canal and I made appointments for him at the new practice for cleaning/exam and crown for the root canal tooth. Hopefully, he'll like them as much as I do.

I'm grateful for the comments in that other thread, they helped me look at the situation from additional angles. I was too worried about being judgmental to, er, make a judgment ;-)

Referenced thread:
http://boards.fool.com/accused-dental-molester-29505903.aspx...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement