UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dfish Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8754  
Subject: Updated Dividend Champions Date: 12/1/2012 12:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 23
The Dividend Champions spreadsheet and PDF have been updated through 11/30/12 and can be found at http://dripinvesting.org/Tools/Tools.asp
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7705 of 8754
Subject: Re: Updated Dividend Champions Date: 12/1/2012 3:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
The Dividend Champions spreadsheet and PDF have been updated through 11/30/12 and can be found at http://dripinvesting.org/Tools/Tools.asp

So when are you going to license a Dividend Champions index to Vanguard or Schwab so we can invest in a low-cost Dividend Champions ETF or mutual fund? :-)

I would definitely be interested in investing in it.

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7706 of 8754
Subject: Re: Updated Dividend Champions Date: 12/1/2012 7:20 PM
Recommendations: 1
http://dripinvesting.org/Tools/Tools.asp

So when are you going to license a Dividend Champions index to Vanguard or Schwab so we can invest in a low-cost Dividend Champions ETF or mutual fund? :-)

Why pay ETF or MF fees when you can invest directly in the companies that have been increasing dividends for 25+ years?

I don't foresee anyone day trading them ;-)

Author: kelbon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7707 of 8754
Subject: Re: Updated Dividend Champions Date: 12/1/2012 7:26 PM
Recommendations: 1
Why pay ETF or MF fees when you can invest directly in the companies that have been increasing dividends for 25+ years?

This was my initial reaction too, but if you have only a modest amount of money the brokerage fees you are charge to buy all the stocks in the first place will deplete your capital, and, if you only have a small amount to invest it can be a significant piece of the pie; those fees are fixed and don't change depending on whether you buy one share, or a thousand.

kelbon

Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7708 of 8754
Subject: Re: Updated Dividend Champions Date: 12/1/2012 7:51 PM
Recommendations: 2
http://dripinvesting.org/Tools/Tools.asp

I don't foresee anyone day trading them ;-)

I don't have large amounts of capital to invest, so I would prefer the instant diversification.

Also, ETF and mutual fund fees continue to drop. I'm invested in the Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF, which only has an expense ratio of 0.07%:
https://www.schwabetfs.com/summary.asp?symbol=SCHD

That's a tolerable trade-off for me to get diversification and not have to worry about stock selection.

Author: dfish Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7709 of 8754
Subject: Re: Updated Dividend Champions Date: 12/1/2012 9:09 PM
Recommendations: 6
Here's an article about the latest update...
http://seekingalpha.com/article/1039231-106-dividend-champio...

Author: dfish Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7710 of 8754
Subject: Re: Updated Dividend Champions Date: 12/1/2012 9:12 PM
Recommendations: 4

Well, one problem is building an index from the companies and there are any number of ways to do (weight) that...and I'm not really looking to do more work...;)

Author: TMFMurph Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7711 of 8754
Subject: Re: Updated Dividend Champions Date: 12/2/2012 8:52 AM
Recommendations: 2
Hi David!

First of all, thanks for the tremendous amount of info and analysis you bring to dividend investing....awesome.

FYI ( and if I'm reading it right ), on the Excel spreadsheet "summary" page for the Dividend Champions it shows an average yield of over 10%...some sort of error?

Thanks again for the tons of hard work!

Cheers!
Murph
Home Fool

Author: dfish Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7712 of 8754
Subject: Re: Updated Dividend Champions Date: 12/2/2012 9:41 AM
Recommendations: 3
Yes...the formula shows that it draws from cell R63, but it should be E63, a typo caused (in part) by the vanishing letters on my keyboard! The correct percentage should be 2.93%.

Author: gbullid Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7969 of 8754
Subject: Re: Updated Dividend Champions Date: 4/9/2013 6:31 PM
Recommendations: 0
Hi there my name is Gary and fairly new to fool but have almost quit chasing stocks, but love anything above 10%, dividend especially the monthly dividend stocks, like ARR. I have the feeling that soon REIT's won't be the leaders, I am into Healthare but would like your opinion on the next investments you are looking into ?

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7970 of 8754
Subject: Re: Updated Dividend Champions Date: 4/9/2013 8:42 PM
Recommendations: 5
Hi there my name is Gary and fairly new to fool but have almost quit chasing stocks, but love anything above 10%, dividend especially the monthly dividend stocks, like ARR. I have the feeling that soon REIT's won't be the leaders, I am into Healthare but would like your opinion on the next investments you are looking into ?

Gary, the higher the dividend the higher the risk.

REIT's can pay higher than average dividends due to their structure.

You can go to the REIT board for more info:
http://boards.fool.com/real-estate-inv-trusts-reits-100061.a...

Also, if you want steady income check out:
The DRiP Investing Resource Center
U.S. Dividend Champions
U.S.Companies with 25+ Straight Years Higher Dividends
Excel Spreadsheet or PDF Format

http://www.dripinvesting.org/Tools/Tools.asp

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement