UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: WileyCyote One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10398  
Subject: Updating Quicken Date: 6/6/2012 8:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have been using quicken for a long time but never "updated" every time a new version came out. Since I no longer "go to the office", I do not need all the bells, whistles,gizmos etc. that the world of electronics has to offer. I would like to be able.however to transfer files from quicken 99 (that's right folks, Q99) to Quicken 2012. I wrote to quicken and as one might guess received dead silence in return.Any one else had a problem of updating from the dark ages??? or did you all UPDATE and save youself this problem?????

Oh yes, I did go to their website and was greeted with mass confusion.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: op456op Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9973 of 10398
Subject: Re: Updating Quicken Date: 6/6/2012 10:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Did you see these pages on Quicken's site?

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/convert-data-from-an-...

For older files it directs you to here:

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/install--register--an...

Essentially you need an intermediate version first (they mention Q2K4), to convert the data that can be used in Q2K12.

I have a 2K8 disk you could use, but it may be too recent a version. I may even have an earlier version at another home that I will be at mid next week and will check if you're interested. If so, contact me at the e-mail you'll receive from me by way of the Fool.

Others probably have older version disks they may be willing to part with as well.

Author: Kurtv Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9974 of 10398
Subject: Re: Updating Quicken Date: 6/7/2012 12:05 AM
Recommendations: 4
Essentially you need an intermediate version first (they mention Q2K4), to convert the data that can be used in Q2K12.

Actually, if you follow the second link in op456op's post and then follow the link for Windows machines it will take you here:

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/install--register--an...

and at the bottom of the page they provide the intermediate files for Q99, 2000, 2003 and 2004. Just download the one you need, convert the file and then repeat with Q2012.

Get ready for some serious changes in the interface and please make certain to BACKUP your old file before attempting...

Kurt

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9975 of 10398
Subject: Re: Updating Quicken Date: 6/7/2012 12:13 AM
Recommendations: 1
Get ready for some serious changes in the interface

Yeah... everything that you thought was good and just needed a minor tweak to be great, has been completely ripped out and replaced with something different.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement