Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Crosenfield Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 122178  
Subject: Ureka's amazing path report Date: 10/12/2012 4:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 17
It wasn't cancer! A culture wasn't done, but the specimen showed a lot of inflammation. As mentioned, the vet had said he got it all.

So she will keep her leg! The wound is healing nicely and Sunday, with the vet's permission, I will remove the sutures. Today to Ureka's great pleasure, the Elizabethan collar came off. She had figured out how to eat with it in place, but never did like the thing. At one point she had a front leg inside the collar alongside her neck. Very awkward. I put the leg back outside the collar.

She has been in a cage by herself where I could monitor her eating, which has been enthusiastic. Apparently getting rid of some rotten teeth was a useful thing. I can tell she is regaining weight.

I still haven't figured out how that lesion erupted so quickly, and the right hind leg was especially worrisome.

But all is well that ends well!

Best wishes, Chris

Doing a Happy Dance! Come dance with me!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119861 of 122178
Subject: Re: Ureka's amazing path report Date: 10/12/2012 5:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Congrats!

My dog (a maltese - so very small, only 7 lbs) once developed a golf-ball sized lump on her leg about a week after vaccination - and her vet didn't recall it being the side she got to the shot on-
took her to the vet, and they said it was either infection or tumor, so they wanted to do a course of antibiotics first before trying biopsy. For 5 long days, the lump didn't change - finally on the 6th day in decreased substantially in size. I can't remember if that was the time she got 2 vaccination on the same day, but after that I made sure she gets her vaccines one-at-a-time. It also seemed that she would get sickly after vaccines from the vet we went to when I lived in Maryland, which had a mobile clinic. Once I moved to Virginia, she never got as sickly from vaccines - which has me wondering whether some vaccines are based on weight - if so I'm thinking a mobile vet might not carry all the "sizes" they come in and maybe they were giving her a higher dose that small dogs really need.

(but people here who know more about vet clinics can let me know if that's even possible)

Anyway, glad I can share my story with you, I didn't want to share it earlier in case your kitty had cancer.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119862 of 122178
Subject: Re: Ureka's amazing path report Date: 10/12/2012 7:35 PM
Doing a Happy Dance! Come dance with me!

absolutely ... great news!

Author: Crosenfield Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119864 of 122178
Subject: Re: Ureka's amazing path report Date: 10/12/2012 11:04 PM
Metrochick, thanks for sharing! And I am glad your pooch didn't have cancer, either! Perhaps this also would have healed completely with the antibiotics--which she got--and it would have save me some $$$. But clearly she needed some teeth pulled also, so that got done!

Best wishes, Chris

Author: joikim Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119865 of 122178
Subject: Re: Ureka's amazing path report Date: 10/12/2012 11:40 PM
Woo Hoo! Great news!
JK

Author: anotherfool2003 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119873 of 122178
Subject: Re: Ureka's amazing path report Date: 10/13/2012 2:45 PM
To live is to dance!! To dance is to live!!

--Snoopy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement