UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ShelbyBoy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 54  
Subject: URL's as keywords? Date: 3/27/2004 1:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
(cross posted on Webmaster's board)

Has anyone ever tried to purchase a URL as a keyword at a PPC search engine such as Google or Overture? Was it approved?

For example, suppose I write an article about motleyfool.com on a page at my website. Could I purchase motleyfool.com as a keyword?

ShelbyBoy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Waltjc One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32 of 54
Subject: Re: URL's as keywords? Date: 3/28/2004 5:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Has anyone ever tried to purchase a URL as a keyword at a PPC search engine such as Google or Overture? Was it approved?

For example, suppose I write an article about motleyfool.com on a page at my website. Could I purchase motleyfool.com as a keyword?

ShelbyBoy

Shelby,

It depends. Google is much more liberal with this sort of advertising than Overture. Overture is very strict on purchasing URL's. If you attempt to purchase one, the landing page must clearly state the difference between your site, and the site you purchased. There has to be links on the landing page to the url that you purchased. It is very difficult to get these approved with Overture.

Walt

Author: ShelbyBoy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35 of 54
Subject: Re: URL's as keywords? Date: 3/30/2004 10:31 AM
Thanks Walt.

- ShelbyBoy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement