UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976126  
Subject: US Cancels Scheduled Saturday Drone Strikes Date: 2/7/2013 10:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/02...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858341 of 1976126
Subject: Re: US Cancels Scheduled Saturday Drone Strikes Date: 2/7/2013 10:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
per your link...

"Citing budgetary concerns, the United States announced today that it would discontinue regular Saturday drone strikes on U.S. citizens, beginning in 2014."

Glad to see the prez is finally concerned about the budget. ;)

Note...got that left? Did you notice the wink and smile before you take off with your usual insinuations? :)

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858343 of 1976126
Subject: Re: US Cancels Scheduled Saturday Drone Strikes Date: 2/7/2013 10:22 AM
Recommendations: 0
Note...got that left? Did you notice the wink and smile before you take off with your usual insinuations? :)

I've posted links to Borowitz pieces in the past... and sometimes received the following response from folks on the right:

"You do know that this was a humor piece, right?"

Gnashing of teeth is not limited to one side or the other.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858344 of 1976126
Subject: Re: US Cancels Scheduled Saturday Drone Strikes Date: 2/7/2013 10:38 AM
Recommendations: 2

I've posted links to Borowitz pieces in the past... and sometimes received the following response from folks on the right:

"You do know that this was a humor piece, right?"

Gnashing of teeth is not limited to one side or the other.

I thought it was humorous and hopefully replied with humor, but realized I would be greeted with, "You do know that this was a humor piece, right?"
so added the footnote. It was funny and got a laugh from it. Thanks.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement