Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
For the next three months I'll be telecommuting from Texas to Sussex. I tried to appear suave enough to land this job and thus revealed none of my basic ignorance about earning an extra-national income.

Am I obligated to pay income tax in the U.K. AND the U.S.? Are there any little loopholes I can use to keep more of my Euros? (For instance, I have a friend there who would open a joint account for me and spend my money within Britain on things I would like to have here--like airplane tickets or crisps. Though my husband says I'm crazy, I think she might come in handy. I do love crisps.)

Any info would be most appreciated.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.