No. of Recommendations: 0

I have been in the US for six months and plan to be here permanently, having married a US citizen.

I have four separate pensions from UK employment and want to make the best use of them. The limited guidance I have received so far suggests the only way to transfer them to a US arrangment is into a US employer's retirement scheme; that transferring to a 401K is not open to me.

Does anyone have any knowledge, experience or guidance in this area? I have seen cdr46's post re "An immigrant's view of Roth" (Thankyou!)and will follow the links to do my own research - but can anyone give me a "quick hit" on this issue?

Thanks for anything you can do.

Best wishes for the holiday season.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.