Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Following is a message I sent to IDEXX and their reply. I believe the management will weather this episode and remain a LTH.

I understand the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Center for Veterinary Medicine informally said it is likely to issue an incomplete letter regarding Idexx's new animal drug application for nitazoxanide, which would require Idexx to submit more information to the FDA before
the drug could be approved. What is the impact of this decision on future earnings? What are your prospects for introducing nitazoxanide?

Reply:

The FDA has not formally contacted IDEXX however it has been intimated
that they probably would be requesting some additional data on NTZ's safety profile. The FDA has not indicated to us whether additional clinical trials will be necessary or whether we could answer the Agency's concerns with existing data. If additional clinical trials are required, we expect to be delayed in the launch of NTZ for at least 3 -4 additional quarters. As such, we do not expect to realize any revenues from NTZ in 2001 and most likely H2 2002.

Sincerely,

Betsy Perry
Manager, Investor Relations

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement