Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: redbaron7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 186  
Subject: Re: Any pros around here? Date: 1/8/2003 12:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
USGS? Where?

A large municipality in the SW US that has better water supplies than the media thinks :-)

Ah okay. I still think of Government == Federal :-)
I was asking because I did my MSc project with the USGS guys out at Menlo Park, California.

We're still doing the voluntary conservation thing, though, just because it looks good. I am getting tired of people commenting about the green golf courses, though. They're watered with reclaimed water--that's a steady supply so long as we keep flushing our toilets and washing!

Ellen

There's a lot of talk here in the DFW area of building *more* resevoirs.
There's quite a lot of building going on in suburbia though.
In 20 years time a couple of towns might disappear beneath the waves.
(on the plus side that would be more local State Parks, although the resevoir parks tend to be for boating with very little hiking)

Not much has been said about reclaiming water, so I don't know how much is (or isn't). I know a lot of irrigated water is wasted. Water meters would quickly ensure shop/house owners would quickly fix the broken sprinklers! :-)

Or the people who water during the midday sun. If watering plants during midday back in the UK can scorch plants, I'd hate to think what it does in Texas!

RB

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement