No. of Recommendations: 2
Using a full service broker with a large account is bad. Using one for a small account is fatal. ML will charge you a fee to switch, but you'll recover the costs within a trade or three.

I use and recommend Scottrade. Go to, find their New IRA and IRA Account Transfer froms, print and fill them out (leave the Acct# blank on the Transfer form; you don't have one yet), and mail them to your local Scottrade office with a copy of your latest ML statement.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.