Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My three kids have UTMA's in a mutual fund with Fidelity Destiny II. I was pleased with this arrangement until tax time this year. My tax bill total for all three was just shy of $1,000 due to large year-end capital gains distributions.

Really do not want want to pay this kind of tax bill early. Any recommendations on how to alleviate this? Can the funds be moved into some non-taxable fund?
Suggestions for better programs (for college savings) would be appreciated.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.