Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: GentlemanBandit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59  
Subject: Utopia... Date: 11/21/2003 11:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
What I'm about to discuss isn't sports related, but it is a FREE fantasy game. The game is called Utopia and it is a medieval-based turn play game (if that makes sense), much like Dungeons and Dragons. The link follows:

http://games2.swirve.com/utopia/

I brought this to the Fool cuz I've been involved with it for about four months and I really like it a lot. I guess the first thing to do is for you to read the guide and see if this is really something you'd like to try. The link is:

http://games2.swirve.com/utopia/help/

If you've browsed the Guide, you'll soon realize that there is a lot to learn and you won't be able to easily make head or tail of it until you really give it a go.

If you decide to create an account you will be randomly assigned a province which is part of a Kingdom. The Kingdom I'm with has active players from Sweden (Vasteras), Austria, Argentina, England, Australia, Spain, among others. For me, anyway, it's really been a worldwide experience. Fortunately, for those of us who speak English, it tis the native tongue that everyone speaks in Utopia - even the foreigners...

A typical Age lasts around twelve weeks but the time frame is ultimately up to a gentleman who runs the site and goes by the name of Mehul. I haven't a clue what his name means, perhaps someone who is up on their medieval history can clue me/us in. That said, we are quickly approaching the end of the current Age (alas, you can join at ANY time).

If you've read the Guide, you'll note that there are a number of different races one can be, as well as a number of different personalities. If you've been privy to the Lord of the Rings trilogy (book and/or movie), you'll have a pretty good understanding of the different folks that inhabit Utopia.

That said, I encourage you to give it a read and if it interests you to sign up. The biggest drawback is that it is an ad-based web site so you WILL be bombarded with pop-up ads. Alas, that is easily dealt with by any number of pop-up blockers. The blocker I use can be downloaded for free at:

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pow.htm

Hopefully those of you who've taken the time to review this post will give Utopia a shot and see if it is something for you. If it is, I'd love to hear from you and will happily offer more details to those who express an interest.

Thanks,
g!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement