Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: moosinka Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 122016  
Subject: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 5:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
which stand for "unidentified walking animal". Saw something scurrying through the yard today that I (a member of every animal organization imaginable) have never seen before. There were 3 humans, 4 cats 6 squirrels and 1 racoon looking curiously at this creature, going "what the...?"....
ok, I'll get to the point already!! It was about 7 inches long, 4 inches wide, dark brown or black and almost perfecly rectangular. couldn't see a face, had no tail or visible appendages. No ears or antennas, either.
no alien spaceships nearby.
anyone have a clue?

elaine
who thought she knew all her tenants...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Beejayw1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6157 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 8:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
A skink, perhaps? I believe it's of the lizard family. Too dull colored to be a gila monster, thank God!

Beej

Author: greet Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6162 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 8:21 PM
It was about 7 inches long, 4 inches wide, dark brown or black and almost perfecly rectangular. couldn't see a face, had no tail or visible appendages. No ears or antennas, either.

My checkbook?

greet. ;o)

Author: PoodleLover Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6163 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 8:31 PM
It was about 7 inches long, 4 inches wide, dark brown or black and almost perfecly rectangular. couldn't see a face, had no tail or visible appendages. No ears or antennas, either.

My checkbook?

greet. ;o)

~~~

ROTFLMAOSHISTC

BFG

Author: TDMENEUF Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6164 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 8:47 PM
ROTFLMAOSHISTC

Had to look that one up! LOLAHMSWC!

Deannda
Go look that one up! ;-Þ

Author: PoodleLover Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6166 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 8:54 PM
ROTFLMAOSHISTC

Had to look that one up! LOLAHMSWC!

Deannda
Go look that one up! ;-Þ

~~~
D.,

Don't Cry... I hate to see a grown woman CRY...

Seymore...

Author: Beejayw1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6167 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 9:01 PM
Hey, everyone:

YAAAPOSG!* (You can't look that one up: I just made it up)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
* You Are All A Pack Of Silly Goofballs!

Beej ;-()

Author: TDMENEUF Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6168 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 9:09 PM
Hey! Very cute!

Be sure to submit that to the site!

Deannda
Terry's Goofy, I'm Daffy, just ask the kids ;0_

Author: PoodleLover Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6169 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 9:20 PM
* You Are All A Pack Of Silly Goofballs!
~~~
You know, I wonder about you sometimes...

Add your idea @:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/

Seymore...

Author: PoodleLover Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6170 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 9:25 PM
Deannda
Terry's Goofy, I'm Daffy, just ask the kids ;0_

~~~
So you're all "Loony Toons"?

Seymore...

Author: TDMENEUF Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6171 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 9:58 PM
So you're all "Loony Toons"?

Seymore...

Ummmmm, yeah, you got a problem with that Doc?

Deannda
Call me anything but late for dinner! OY!!!!!!

Author: AnnW Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6173 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 10:09 PM
Can we get back to the critter at hand? Or in the yard, or wherever??

Maybe a weasel? You wouldn't see their tiny feet, 'cuz they got short legs, and move fast through the grass. Another similar critter is a mink...depending on where you live, either is a possibility...

Or somebody's escaped ferret..although they have a pointy head, and you would have noticed that..

Author: greet Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6175 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 11:24 PM
Moles are dark grey; if the light was right (or wrong?) they could look black. No neck, short-legged, and about that size. Once in awhile they come out from underground. A young mink might be the right size and color.

Author: moosinka Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6176 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 11:26 PM
y'all crack me up

it wasn't a ferret ( my friends have some, so I can identify them ), or a checkbook (I have one, although not as big as greet's (7x4?) and mine certainly doesn't have fur on it) or a mink (not luxurious by any means). We have come to the conclusion that it might be an extra large mole. will keep an eye out for it or see what Oliver plays with next (he is my 16lb lover boy kitty - he PLAYS with everything. snakes, mice, gophers - scares the crap out of them but doesn't actually kill them. I usually just move them to another area of the property as they are frozen with fear and just sitting there)

might even try to get a picture (yeah, right)

keep those suggestions and acronyms coming!

elaine

Author: PoodleLover Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6177 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 11:42 PM
Call me anything but...
~~~
LATER 4 DINNER!

Author: PoodleLover Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6178 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/3/2000 11:59 PM
Can we get back to the critter at hand? Or in the yard, or wherever??
~~~
Opps... So sorry. But it was a fun OT thread...

Was that one time the only time you saw it? Please keep us posted if you see it again, or remember any other details that could help ID it.

Seymore...

Author: TMFSnow Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6189 of 122016
Subject: Re: U.W.A. in the yard Date: 7/5/2000 11:48 AM
Sounds kind of like a small groundhog. They look almost square.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement