UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Sunshine8181967 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 23  
Subject: VA Loan Date: 7/16/2006 9:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
USE YOUR VA LOAN!!!

In fact many of the service members should have used it during these last few years when the interest rate was SOOO low!

Here is a way to make some good real estate moves when the market is good for buyers.

Buy a VERY NICE house with your VA Loan, live in it a while, get a traditional Loan for a smaller more inexpensive house, move and rent out your other house.

You HAVE to be very smart about this...but if you are it will work.

My ex-husband and I bought a house in GA by Ft Benning with HIS VA Loan. A nice middle class hosue in a growing area, then when we transferred we bought a house wih a traditional loan and rented out the other one. WE DID NOT make any money of the first one but we WERE not losing any money either - we had to pay $70 a month to the real estate agent.

Then when we transferred again we sold the second house and with MY VA loan we bought the house I now live in. It is a very nice house whose market value has grown by leaps and bounds. When we bought it, it was in an area that was not grown up yet, but it was starting to grow.

We were in the process of also buying an Apartment building near this post.

The first house also grew in a large amount. HAD my ex not become stupid (I will leave it at that), we would have had a great nest egg right now. BUT because of the divorce we had to liquidate everything, stocks, the house, etc, etc.

IN a long drawn out deal I was able to keep this house and I am glad I did. The value is going up daily.

A nice retirement can be accomplished if both persons do not become STUPID in the head and keep their sites on the original goal.

USE Your military benefits FOOLISHLY and you will be a happy retiree.

Sunshine :-)

PS --- The apartment building we had been looking at was just resold to investors who are going to knock them down and rebuild small condos for higher enlisted and officers. We could have made a killing. OH WELL. THIS IS Why couples - especially military couples should not be stupid. Make a plan and stick with it, through thick and thin, and you will be able to do lot's of things with your wise investments.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement