Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Mfromond Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18  
Subject: VALUE LINE wrong a lot Date: 5/19/2000 4:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I picked up the portfolios recommanded by VL on January 9, 1998. For the heck of it, I compared to the value on May 2nd, 2000.

Interesting discovery, indeed.

Portfolio 1 (Stocks for performance): 60% of those went down, by 50% in many cases.

Portfolio 2 (Performance and Income): 90% of those went down.

Portfolio 3 (Long Term growth): 50% of those went down.

Is it worth paying so much money for "that" ?

MF
Print the post Back To Top
Author: foolsinister Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 18
Subject: Re: VALUE LINE wrong a lot Date: 7/7/2000 2:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I picked up the portfolios recommanded by VL on January 9, 1998. For the heck of it, I compared to the value on May 2nd, 2000.

Interesting discovery, indeed.

Portfolio 1 (Stocks for performance): 60% of those went down, by 50% in many cases.

Portfolio 2 (Performance and Income): 90% of those went down.

Portfolio 3 (Long Term growth): 50% of those went down.

Is it worth paying so much money for "that" ?

MF

Did you see if the ups are higher than the downs for the number ones that were there on that date in 1998?
Assume buying equal dollar amounts of all 100 stocks ... stay tuned...

FoolSinister

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement