UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HardyWeinberg Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4715  
Subject: Vanessa's ankle Date: 5/7/2012 9:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Watching her on that treadmill was making me hurt. Do they not sell ace bandages in Indian and Japan? I couldn't believe she didn't have it taped up. Maybe taping before that kind of long flight increases blood clot risk, that's all I can think of. But still, tape it when you land in Japan!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lovingrose Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4374 of 4715
Subject: Re: Vanessa's ankle Date: 5/8/2012 4:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I hate when people are so ignorant, and I truly believe that people who go to that extreme to 'never give up' are ignorant. It would have been much more rational (IMO) to take the penalty and save the ankle for upcoming challenges.

I was a bit disappointed the border guards didn't win. I'll always have a soft spot for them for sharing their winnings on the one leg with the Kentucky 'boys'.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4375 of 4715
Subject: Re: Vanessa's ankle Date: 5/8/2012 5:15 PM
Recommendations: 0
It would have been much more rational (IMO) to take the penalty and save the ankle for upcoming challenges.

I think it really depends on how likely you are to survive the penalty.

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4376 of 4715
Subject: Re: Vanessa's ankle Date: 5/8/2012 6:41 PM
Recommendations: 1
I was a bit disappointed the border guards didn't win. I'll always have a soft spot for them for sharing their winnings on the one leg with the Kentucky 'boys'.

And I continue to wonder if they would have been so good-hearted had they realized it was a non-elimination leg before they gave away their money.

Fuskie
Who does not think one questionable good act makes up for a race full of arrogance, condescension, and poor sportsmanship...

Author: toberead Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4377 of 4715
Subject: Re: Vanessa's ankle Date: 5/8/2012 8:59 PM
Recommendations: 5
Who does not think one questionable good act makes up for a race full of arrogance, condescension, and poor sportsmanship...

TV Guide posts interviews with all the teams after they're eliminated (or after the race is over for the final 3). They posted interviews with Rachel & Dave and Art & JJ today. Amazing how they managed to come across as jerks even in a puffy interview that's set up to make them look good:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Art-JJ-1047163.aspx...

On the positive side, there was an interview with Phil a couple of days ago and he said that Mark and Bopper were the most popular team ever on the Amazing Race. I suspect if there is another All Stars season, we'll see them again. There were several broad hints that one is being planned.

By the way, seasons 5 and 6 are now available on DVD. If you haven't seen season 5, it's one of my favorites. My ox is broken!

Karen

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement