No. of Recommendations: 0
I started my ROTH IN 1998 investing 2,000 each year for the past 3 years. I lost about half the value in my ROTH since I selected Vanguards US GROWTH which took a beating the past few years. (figures) Anyway, I was thinking about selecting Vanguards VTSMX (total market fund) as my ROTH since I feel better about investing in a more conservative but more diversified fund. How do I go about switching these funds? I don't want to take the money out of US GROWTH, just start making payments toward an index fund... can you have two funds that work as roths??


How low can US GROWTH GO?? Just because some private stock funds get really really low doesn't mean it's time to buy, I realize that... they could very well keep on going down. Is that the same case as these mutual funds?? I am afraid to put another 2,000 for last year and 3,000 for this year into my ROTH. (US GROWTH)
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.